Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

are these still live

Article about: You should be VERY careful with that 2CM FLAK round. Even though I believe that those fuzes have inertial safeties that need to be spun up to arm, the fuze's gaine which sits down into the T

?

it definatly has liquid in it that you can hear.

?

I agree about the 2cm, unless the fuse or projectile comes off easly I would be a tad concerned about that one..I think they were also used in some air craft, but I may be wrong about that.

Dean O

?

nowt is coming off our even gives and shows no sign of doing so.

?

anyone know of where i can sell them i dont think the misses will be too pleased if she sees or hears about this. pmsl. shame coz i quite like um all, infact so did she but a "whats the worse that could happen" dicharge when she polishes it.lol get some peace then. lol

You have a 37 mm French munition too.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

You can't sell it if its live. If they are safe you can sell them here on this forum.

?

anyone interested open for some offers.

?

Quote by asbo View Post
    anyone interested open for some offers.
    No one in their right mind would be touching that 2cm with a 10 foot pole. Do tell me the grenade is defused at least.

Which country are you in? I'd be calling EOD.

?

You need to absolutely verify that these are completely safe before you even think about selling them, if live ,dependant as to where you are, you could be committing an offence under the Terrorism Act, and before you try to take the heads off ,be advised, that is how most people die with ordnance related explosions, i find it strange that you can hear something inside, one explanation could be that these are misfires, the primer was struck but the main charge failed to ignite ,if that is the case, these will be deadly and should not be handled unless by an expert,ie Bomb Disposal

?

If you are that unsure of them, and you cannot ID the fact that they are live or not, it would be best to go out on a fishing boat, far from shore and drop them in. I have a large collection of that sort of thing, and everything I have is 100% SAFE, if I cannot take it apart In a safe way, I will pass on it..in this case, FAR Better to be safe than sorry.

Just My Thoughts

Dean O

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast