Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Today's Find

Article about: Hello Everyone, I picked this up from a local estate for \\$7 today. I figured at that price I couldn't go wrong even with the rust. I am however at a loss for what I've bought (artillery, tan

Default Today's Find

Hello Everyone,

I picked this up from a local estate for $7 today. I figured at that price I couldn't go wrong even with the rust. I am however at a loss for what I've bought (artillery, tank shell, etc.). I've attached some photographs in the hopes that someone may lend me their wisdom.
    Thank you and warm regards.

Today's FindToday's Find

Update: After glancing at my photos for a while from a new direction, I've tentatively concluded that the item is marked twice with the broad arrow, meaning it would be British in origin. I picked up some WWII epherma from this same sale, so I'm sure if this may be WWII or WWI, however I imagine it is one or the other.

?

I'm not an ordnance guy but for $7 I think you did very well. That's an impressive shell. I'm sure someone here knows more about it.
    Last edited by Aldo; 10-12-2019 at 03:22 AM.

You did well for $7.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

MAP
    ?

My concern is that this one hasn't been fired. Are you sure it is decativated? Just saying.....

I know little of shells. There are some here who could ID this in a heartbeat. But maybe an 18 lbs shell? At least a place to start

WW1 British QF 18 Pdr Shells
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The facing broad arrows indicate that it was an official disposal/ decommission released by the government.Also it appears to have remnants of nickel plating as on presentation,souvenir ,trench art style items

Looks like a QF 18-Pounder shell. Common shells, but very hard to find in this condition. You've done very well for $7!

You should be able to unscrew the fuse, assuming the threads are still in good shape. That would tell you right away if there is any explosive content remaining.

B.B.

Spotter, after a second look I did take note of the chrome you mentioned. Absolutely spot on. I can't believe I missed it. Thank you!

BrodieBartfast,

I gave it an honest attempt but I believe the fuse is stuck. Perhaps for the best. Thank you for your wisdom!