Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Top Secret SS Hand Grenade RARE!!

Article about: Hi Steve, Very interesting item you have there. Is there any chance of a look at the fuse? Is it a booby trap type pressure switch, or just how is it tripped. Any markings or other pics, by

Default Top Secret SS Hand Grenade RARE!!

Hi, a new addition to the collection. I was told it is a Top Secret SS hand grenade. I was also going to get an SS dog tag from the same person. What do you think?

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Top Secret SS Hand Grenade  RARE!!  

?

Default Re: Top Secret SS Hand Grenade RARE!!

Looks to me like a grenade head converted to a mine .. or a close quarter chuckker !

(Maybe falls into the SS Barnfind/Labcoat category .. ask phil for an explanation )

Gary J.

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    Looks to me like a grenade head converted to a mine .. or a close quarter chuckker !

(Maybe falls into the SS Barnfind/Labcoat category .. ask phil for an explanation )

Gary J.
    Maybe it should fallinto the joke category, but I did not see one.

Regards, Steve

?

Steve,
    I think the grenade is legit .... it's just the SS connection ...
    If a legit conversion was available (Which no-doubt I'm sure some members can confirm either way, ... then it was probably available to all arms of the military rather than just the SS ).

Cheers

Gary J.

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Maybe it should fallinto the joke category, but I did not see one.

Regards, Steve

Top secret? What was suppose to be the secret attributes to this particular nade? It looks like what Gary said.

The only advantage i would say it has is that it doesn't take as long to ignite the fuse as if it were like an m24. If it were to be thrown pull the draw string and then throw it?

Ty

Quote by ty revelo View Post
    top secret? What was suppose to be the secret attributes to this particular nade? It looks like what gary said.

The only advantage i would say it has is that it doesn't take as long to ignite the fuse as if it were like an m24. If it were to be thrown pull the draw string and then throw it?

Ty
    :d :d

PHILBROWN
    ?

Quote by Polski44 View Post

Gary J.
    that thread is over 10 pages long now, peter has lost his credibility i fear. these gredades lose there secret /suprise when they explode near you, ,,,never seen one like this, most odd

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    that thread is over 10 pages long now, peter has lost his credibility i fear. these gredades lose there secret /suprise when they explode near you, ,,,never seen one like this, most odd

yes odd

?

Most probably falls into a bobby-trap type device ....
    .. possible field conversion .. typical of the Italian campaign
    ... Trip wire attached to object ie rare SS helmet (or labcoat ? or ... Deep Pan Pizza (( with extra peppers))) .. and poor old GI Joe goes for a keepsake (or some scoff) .... and instant kerr-blamm !

Rick
    ?

You beat me to it Polski44, the booby trap theory not the deep dish pizza, you wouldnt stand a chance where foods concerned !!

Rick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast