Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Top Secret SS Hand Grenade RARE!!

Article about: Hi Steve, Very interesting item you have there. Is there any chance of a look at the fuse? Is it a booby trap type pressure switch, or just how is it tripped. Any markings or other pics, by

Default Re: Top Secret SS Hand Grenade RARE!!

Hi Steve,

Very interesting item you have there. Is there any chance of a look at the fuse? Is it a booby trap type pressure switch, or just how is it tripped. Any markings or other pics, by any chance

I love it

Cheers,

Grant

Rick
    ?

Found this on a Russian forum, not sure if it fell and was dug like that or it was placed and found, (really must learn Russian ) but may help with your identification.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images Top Secret SS Hand Grenade  RARE!! 

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Top secret? What was suppose to be the secret attributes to this particular nade? It looks like what Gary said.

The only advantage i would say it has is that it doesn't take as long to ignite the fuse as if it were like an m24. If it were to be thrown pull the draw string and then throw it?

Ty
    Hi, the answer to what this grenade is, is also top secret. I know what it is, but waiting for someone or an "expert" to give the correct answer. The winner will win points for a chance to get a free fake SS dog tag.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Rick View Post
    Found this on a Russian forum, not sure if it fell and was dug like that or it was placed and found, (really must learn Russian ) but may help with your identification.

Rick
    Hi Rick, that is a conventional German "S Mine" nicknamed by Allied troops the "Bouncing Betty". I have one in my collection.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Rick View Post

Rick
    Hi Rick, saw this one also on that site. It's a S-mine, and it looks to have been put there a long tome ago during the war. What do you mean "not sure if it fell and was dug like that or it was placed and found"

Steve

Rick
    ?

Hi Ade thanks i thought it looked similar to the one posted in this thread, but on refelection may be not, but thanks for telling me what it was. i take it by the nick name it is an APM then Ade.

Cheers
    Rick

Steve sorry i didnt make that very clear did i, what i meant to say, was it a mine that was planted and activated then found intact or was it somehting else that dropped, landed that way up and was found.

cheers

Rick

Hi Rick, yes it is an A/P mine.

Cheers, Ade.

Steve,

Well, I'd find the whole "Top Secret SS Grenade" theory a bit easier to buy if the parts weren't mixed German and Japanese bits. The head looks like the pot from a late style M24 stick grenade with the rolled threads, including the attaching metal ring from the stick, with the wood removed.

Inserted into that is the top plate and fuze assembly from a Japanese T97 or T91 hand grenade. How's that guess?

Rick

Quote by ordnance View Post
    Steve,

Well, I'd find the whole "Top Secret SS Grenade" theory a bit easier to buy if the parts weren't mixed German and Japanese bits. The head looks like the pot from a late style M24 stick grenade with the rolled threads, including the attaching metal ring from the stick, with the wood removed.

Inserted into that is the top plate and fuze assembly from a Japanese T97 or T91 hand grenade. How's that guess?

Rick

We have a Winner!! I did not think it would have lasted this long in the Ord section.
    It is a Type 97 100% complete top. I am waiting for the body to arrive from China, then it's going to be sold, as I have "mint" one already in my collection.
    Also 2 T93 mines are coming. I have the bottoms here already. My friend sends parts in different packages. I have a many items now from him, hats, helmet etc, and will take a good group pic of all these semi-relic Japanese items that were found about 6 months ago over there.
    I bought as much as i could get, and he also really did me a fair deal. All should be here in my hands soon.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Australian Guy View Post
    Hi Steve,

Very interesting item you have there. Is there any chance of a look at the fuse? Is it a booby trap type pressure switch, or just how is it tripped. Any markings or other pics, by any chance

I love it

Cheers,

Grant
    Hi Grant, sure I will do a good post soon, with all the markings, and comparison pics for Japanese grenades. At least the 6-7 different types I have in my collection.

Regards, Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast