Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Training pineapple grenade?

Article about: heres another new find for me, a cast iron pineapple type grenade.Its hollow and has two holes, one at the bottom and the other on the side towards the top.It is all cast as one piece with t

NCA
    ?

Default Training pineapple grenade?

heres another new find for me, a cast iron pineapple type grenade.Its hollow and has two holes, one at the bottom and the other on the side towards the top.It is all cast as one piece with the remains of a pin.Looks like it was sand cast has a bit of age to it i think..Is it a training device?Someone having fun at the foundry?!Unusual ornament?Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Training pineapple grenade?  

Default Re: Training pineapple grenade?

NCA

Looks to be a U.S. Mk. 1A1 training grenade used for throwing practice. Replicates the Mk II. Nice to see one with the ring and pin. Please, don't get too carried away cleaning it up.

NCA
    ?

Thank you.no worries about cleaning it..I know the score.I should have mentioned that there is only a stub of the original pin left..no ring unfortunatly.
    And ive just weighed it..1lb, 6oz.I know very little about these things..is that close to the weight of the real thing?

Quote by Slick Rick View Post
    NCA

Looks to be a U.S. Mk. 1A1 training grenade used for throwing practice. Replicates the Mk II. Nice to see one with the ring and pin. Please, don't get too carried away cleaning it up.
    It is as Slick Rick says. These were used into the sixties........
    They were cast, and did replicate the weight of a live grenade somewhat - close enough !

Regards, Steve.

Yep. The book(GRM Vol. 1) says 22 oz. You may also want to look closely to see if there are any remnants of white paint. In a band or the whole lower half. Sad about the ring/pin. A stub's better than nothin'.

Oh for HEAVEN'S SAKE !

I am now totally gutted......

Have a look at my thread in the attic finds on the stuff I got for £3.50 at the carboot last week. There was also a number of other things that I spotted but didn't buy. For instance, some chap was selling a Chinese repro German stick grenade. It wasn't a bad repro but It wasn't worth the £50 he was asking for it !

A couple of stalls along was......ONE OF THOSE NADES SHOWN ABOVE !!! I had a look at it and decided is was a heap of junk and didn't even ask the guy how much he wanted for it.

DAMMIT !

Oh well.......you win some and lose some

Steve T

NCA
    ?

Thats yer luck eh?If i thought about the amount of times ive walked away and wished i hadnt...id cry like a big girl!

You never know the same seller may go back...I missed a ww2 Mills made into a moneybox recently

Default Re: Training pineapple & baseball grenades?

Training pineapple grenade?Training pineapple grenade?Training pineapple grenade?Training pineapple grenade?

Want to sell these...anyone tell me what they may be worth on eBay? Thanks. Amber

CBH
    ?

Seen these going for 65$can , I have one but it's painted golden yellow . Still a nice find .
    Cheers Chris

Thanks, Chris!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast