Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??

Article about: Hi, I just have received a very odd item for my collection. It appears to be a 3 pocket F1 hand grenade pouch. (it will also fit RG-42's, but if pre-war, the Rg-42 was not invented yet ) The

Default Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??

Hi, I just have received a very odd item for my collection. It appears to be a 3 pocket F1 hand grenade pouch. (it will also fit RG-42's, but if pre-war, the Rg-42 was not invented yet )
    The exact time period is unknown to me, but I have a feeling it may be a pre-war item. The buttons seem to be original to the pouch, and look to be be of an old style of manufacture. They are a 2 piece button, and I think the front part w/ star is aluminum, and the rear steel.

Have any others also seen this type, and what is the time period? Thanks in advance for any more info on my pouch.

Regards, Steve
    "Dr. Ruby"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??   Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??  

Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??   Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??  

Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??   Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??  

Default re: Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??

Hi Steve

I have a very similar pouch in my collection - the principal difference being the buttons which are a dark green plastic ('one piece' of course) and 14mm diameter. On the reverse they have: * 61 * (date?) and a 10 character word (makers name?). On the front of the flap are 5 characters in red dye/ink about 10mm in height. I guess this one post-dates yours but that's about all one can assume.

Will do pics if you wish.

This item contained three F1s when found in Angla in 1977. Previous owner didn't look like he was going to be using it again.

Regards

Peter Wells

Hi Peter, thanks for the info. Yes, please post a pic of your pouch, I will like to see. I will be surprised if my pouch is post war.
    It just does not look like any other F1 pouch I have seen. All pouches I have seen are like the other war time pouches in a couple of my pics above. I have 15 or so different war time ones so far.

Regards, Steve

Here Goes Steve. Apols - the macro shots aren't great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??  
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??  Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??  Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??  Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??  Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??  Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know?? 

Quote by Peter Wells View Post
    Here Goes Steve. Apols - the macro shots aren't great

Hi
    Peter, Great, Thanks for the pics, very interesting. It is almost exact. I do not know what to think now. The pouches do not look post war to me.

I hope other members might have more info on these pouches.

I think I will post on BOCN also to get more opinions/info. I will update when more is found out.

Regards, Steve
    "Dr.Ruby"

Default Re: Unknown F1 Hand Grenade Pouch-Do you Know??

A small bump to this thread to maybe get it going again.

Anybody else have any info or an opinion on the pouch I have shown photos of at begining of this thread?? and the similar one shown by Peter?

Regards, Steve