Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

unknown steel case

Article about: I found this shell on attic near serbian- hungarian border, its made out of steel and it is painted white. To me it looks like a German Tiger 2 round but caliber is 105mm or 107mm, i can't b

Default unknown steel case

I found this shell on attic near serbian- hungarian border, its made out of steel and it is painted white. To me it looks like a German Tiger 2 round but caliber is 105mm or 107mm, i can't be sure because its deformed on the top. I cant find any info about it so if you can give a hint i would appreciate it. The height is 70 cm without projectile.
    unknown steel case
    unknown steel case
    unknown steel case

unknown steel case
    Last edited by jugoslawien; 10-11-2014 at 09:17 PM.

def.a shellcase.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    def.a shellcase.
    are you absolutely sure?

It's not a KwK 43 ( 'King Tiger' ) shellcase - which is 0.82m in length - and the fuze would be incorrect for the type.

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    It's not a KwK 43 ( 'King Tiger' ) shellcase - which is 0.82m in length - and the fuze would be incorrect for the type.
    Im not an expert, to me it looked like kwk 43 round only bigger in caliber and incorrect fuze. I dont know is it even German?

Lightbulb

I've tried quite hard with this, both among my own books and also online but can't come up with a definitive answer.

Somehow, it doesn't 'feel' German, and I was wondering if maybe it's some kind of US 105mm shell ( but I have to say that I'm just guessing )

I tried hard too and im sorry we cant find information about it. Its an uggly shell so i will probably remove this fake winter camo xd and probably put normandy camo to be used as vase. Anyway thanks for your effort i appreciate it.