Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

V1 Rocket

Article about: I picked this up today which was labelled as Firing Device for V1 Flying Bomb (Drop Initiator). True or False? If indeed original I am assuming very little value?

?

Default V1 Rocket

I picked this up today which was labelled as Firing Device for V1 Flying Bomb (Drop Initiator).

True or False? If indeed original I am assuming very little value?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture V1 Rocket   V1 Rocket  

Rockfordengine
    ?

Curious as to where you picked this up? it does look like a button and maybe would even light up when depressed. No markings or numbers?

?

No markings or numbers and it is not a light. It does give the impression of being a percussion cap which someone has deactivated.

Looks like it might be item"i" on page 8 http://www.zenza.se/vw/gh/gh.pdf kontakteinsatz mit zündhütchen (contact insert with percussion caps)

?

Looks like the label is correct.

There's a v1 rocket in a aircraft museum where I live! But I don't think they will let me take it apart to see if this is in there though.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Looks like it might be item"i" on page 8 http://www.zenza.se/vw/gh/gh.pdf kontakteinsatz mit zündhütchen (contact insert with percussion caps)
    Yes, there are two of the assemblies with the item in the diagram and it looks like they fire to cause the dive flaps to pivot into the airstream when the engine stops causing the V1 to dive.
    Bill