Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

v1 rudder

Article about: Hi guys heres my v1 rudder I picked up this year,it still has remains of camo on one side but other has slight scorching, hope you like it rgds Dave

?

Default v1 rudder

Hi guys heres my v1 rudder I picked up this year,it still has remains of camo on one side but other has slight scorching, hope you like it rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture v1 rudder   v1 rudder  

Attached Images Attached Images v1 rudder 

A nice piece of history there Dave

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice relic Dave, any history with it?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks guys , sadly no history but did get it from watford so possibly came down in that area rgds Dave

?

Very Nice piece!!!

Dean O

Out of interest anyone know how far north in the UK they landed?

I cant find any info on line

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Out of interest anyone know how far north in the UK they landed?

I cant find any info on line

Nick
    Check it out Nick, air launched from the North Sea and quite a few in your neck of the woods.

Map of V1 attack on Manchester | aircrashsites.co.uk

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

No.13 on the map in the link above came down on Christmas Eve 1944 in fields near the Shropshire town of Newport, not far from me. Casualties were a rabbit (which was eaten) and a frog (which was not). Some rusty old bits of the bomb are lying around Cosford museum somewhere but I can't remember where now, probably in the storage hangars.

Regards, Ned.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Check it out Nick, air launched from the North Sea and quite a few in your neck of the woods.

Map of V1 attack on Manchester | aircrashsites.co.uk

Regards, Ned.
    Now, why didnt I know that!! ??

Thanks Ned for enlightening me !

Nick

?

Great Map!!!!

Dean O

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast