Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

waffen proofed steyr ammunition

Article about: So as my early Christmas presents I went out and rescued a vz24 and m95/34 steyr mannlicher from bubba before he had a chance to carve out his own pretty stock from a tree stump and ruin it.

Default waffen proofed steyr ammunition

So as my early Christmas presents I went out and rescued a vz24 and m95/34 steyr mannlicher from bubba before he had a chance to carve out his own pretty stock from a tree stump and ruin it. While purchasing this rifle he said he threw in the last 20 rounds of 8x56 steyr he had along with 4 stripper clips. They were in a bag he gave me and I didn't think anything of it until I got home.. Both ammunition and clips are waffen stamped.. My question is, how rare are the clips and ammunition that are stamped for 8x56 steyr? I go to gun shows all the time and haven't seen these before. Thanks guys!

?

Hi,these are fairly common here at gunshows in British Columbia Canada and sell for around $15 a box of 10 with the clips.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Not that rare-I have a Nazi marked box of it-the Germans inherited the weapons stocks of the Austrian army but made little combat use of it. Was widely used for training and rear echelon/Volksturm use in Austria at the end of the war.

Thank you guys! That was the entire reason for my question. Just because I hadn't seen them doesn't mean other people haven't.

?

UK Cousin... These can be found in various venues and are not uncommon... But... They can be a great addition when displayed next to a period rifle.. IMO.. It adds to the history... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks G! I had seen these in 8x57 mauser but not for the steyr.

Great minds G...

?

UKC.. I try to back my mouth up...these are currently on auction... $10.00 is pre bid...
    If interested send me a PM... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen proofed steyr ammunition   waffen proofed steyr ammunition  

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post

Great minds G...
    Excellent example of display practices !! G