Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What ammo do you use?

Article about: Hello Everyone: Being in the firearms business, I understand that ammo makes a big difference to every shooter. Now in today's market, most of us do not get very many options for what kind w

Default What ammo do you use?

Hello Everyone:

Being in the firearms business, I understand that ammo makes a big difference to every shooter. Now in today's market, most of us do not get very many options for what kind we are running through our firearms.

I have a few Lugers, Walther P-38's, and other WWII handguns in my collection that I love to take out and shoot. I usually run what in the business is known to as Winchester White Box for those chambered in 9mm Luger.

Winchester White Box, which is a Target/Range style ammunition that is a 115 gr bullet in a brass casing. It was averaging about $13 a box before Sandy Hook happened, now it is extremely difficult to get in stock.

The Winchester ammo seems to run at very acceptable levels for most of these older firearms. The last thing you want to do is break something on these old war horses. (insert luger story) Parts are getting harder to get and if it is a numbered part, the collectible value has just gone down. Plus, you never want to risk injury to you and those around you when shooting.

So, my question for you guys is....

"What ammo do you use when you can't find your main source?"

Thanks
    Cody

?

Default I prefer Russian

Russian brown bear or silver bear...Berdan primed slightly corrosive but I always clean my firearms afterwards anyway... 7.62x39mm is my main cartridge...Gwar
    Attached Images Attached Images What ammo do you use? 

I used to reload my ammo 7.92 & 303 taking note on how many uses the brass went through- a very long time ago

?

Hornady (M2 Ball) along with the the Greek HXP . American Eagle, Brown or Silver Bear for the 7.62x54 and sometimes 7.62x51. I have some surplus SA 7.62x51 battle packs. I just got(Bday) a 100 pack of Atomic brand 7.62x51 that I have yet to try.
    I like Federal .22, 9mm & 45 acp. The 40S&W,9MM and 45 acp plinking ammo is usually the WWB. I buy the Ranger brand for CC . For the 8mm, I have the Romanian surplus. The .303 I roll my own.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Reload. Reload. Reload. Much cheaper and can tailor your loads to your needs.

I usually through anything I can get my hand on.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------lol

?

Default Ammunition

You used to find Russian military surplus fairly cheap.. I paid roughly $225.00 U.S.
    for each crate, shipping included..Not any more I'm afraid.. 7.62x39 mm.. One has 40 rounds to a box on stripper clips.. Berdan primed and slighly corrosive.. But fellas..
    we do clean our firearms after use.. Don't we... ?? Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What ammo do you use?