MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What kind of bullet is this?

Article about: I have some other rounds that i got with it no two the same so i will post pics of the rest

Default What kind of bullet is this?

Found this round with a bunch of militaria at a garage sale and i have no idea what it is.

What kind of bullet is this?What kind of bullet is this?What kind of bullet is this?What kind of bullet is this?

?

Default Re: What kind of bullet is this?

Zwerge knows for sure what this is.

Looks like a WW1 era 303 to me

?

I agree with Steve, WW1 .303, I found a full clip of these in a friends grandads garage many years ago, all live, i dont know what happened to them, my dad might have thrown them in the river

?

PS, I would be careful with this round its live and they have a tendency to be a little unpredictable with such a large percussion cap at the base

Thats a Canadian 303 round, a Mark II, made by the Dominion Cartridge Company.
    "Dominion Cartridge Company, military production was a simple D with a C-broad arrow for the Brownsburg plant which later became the Dominion Ammunition Division of Canadian Industries Ltd. They operated factories in Brownsburg, Quebec and Montreal, and the illistration is a sporting cartridge. The DOMINION headstamp was used on commercial ammunition from 1911 untikl 1955. They also produced .303 cartridges in... Ball, Cordite Mk 2, 4, 6 and 7."

Because this one has the brass casing it's not very difficult to wiggle out the bullet. I happen to have a hole drilled in my shed wall that I use to unload live amo. Stick the bullet in a hole, a wiggle it untill it comes loose. Pull the bullit out and remove the cordite. Than you can unload the cap in hte base, but I never bother about that. I simply glue the bullit back in and leave them as they are.

?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Thats a Canadian 303 round, a Mark II, made by the Dominion Cartridge Company.
    "Dominion Cartridge Company, military production was a simple D with a C-broad arrow for the Brownsburg plant which later became the Dominion Ammunition Division of Canadian Industries Ltd. They operated factories in Brownsburg, Quebec and Montreal, and the illistration is a sporting cartridge. The DOMINION headstamp was used on commercial ammunition from 1911 untikl 1955. They also produced .303 cartridges in... Ball, Cordite Mk 2, 4, 6 and 7."
    I agree,but it looks like a round nose FMJ and not a sporting round.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I agree,but it looks like a round nose FMJ and not a sporting round.
    Yes its a Mark II round nose (1914-18), not sure if it's a FMJ, only way to tell is to remove it as DCC also made tracers in the Mark II.

?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Yes its a Mark II round nose (1914-18), not sure if it's a FMJ, only way to tell is to remove it as DCC also made tracers in the Mark II.
    FMJ=full metal jacket as opposed to soft point sporting bullet.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast