Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Who Can Guess These Parts Contest

Article about: Hi, pics of my small box of neat little goodies I have gathered up, like a squirrel gathering nuts. There are 3 slightly different angles to look at. All are WW2, and most are hand grenade r

Default Re: Who Can Guess These Parts Contest

Remind me of Steptoe n Son

kidding .. nice bits there steve, i;ll name the Spreng nos 8 dets, both types there,,the glass mine trigger, egg or stick gren43 fuse holder, porcelain pull bead for stick gren, little screw cover for spren 8 delay fuse. inch n half 8 screw Russian grenade lever n fuse assmbly , thats me done ...howd i do ??

cheers Nick

Quote by jeeeensy View Post
    Remind me of Steptoe n Son

kidding .. nice bits there steve, i;ll name the Spreng nos 8 dets, both types there,,the glass mine trigger, egg or stick gren43 fuse holder, porcelain pull bead for stick gren, little screw cover for spren 8 delay fuse. inch n half 8 screw Russian grenade lever n fuse assmbly , thats me done ...howd i do ??

cheers Nick

Hi Nick, nice to hear from you. how is it going? Well I hope.

""Remind me of Steptoe n Son"" I do not know this??? I only know "Sanford and Son" a classic show. Is steptoe n son a TV comedy show?

Why "kidding" about it, is it a British joke or ....?

You did fine Nick, if you did not read the the previous posts by spotter and myself, and the pizza man.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve, "Sanford and Son" was loosely based upon the British original "Steptoe & Son". A fantastic TV series. They were Rag & Bone men. (Scrap dealers) Funny thing, I was watching an episode a while back and looking at the set dressing, which was considered "junk" at the time. Now it would all be really collectable stuff!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, "Sanford and Son" was loosely based upon the British original "Steptoe & Son". A fantastic TV series. They were Rag & Bone men. (Scrap dealers) Funny thing, I was watching an episode a while back and looking at the set dressing, which was considered "junk" at the time. Now it would all be really collectable stuff!

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, thanks. HaHa that is great, I just googled Steptoe and Son. Wilfred Brambell, was Paul's Grenadfather in A Hard Days Night also, one of my ALL time favorite movies. "It's Paul's grandfather is all" HaHaHa, I still hear George saying that when they find him in the closet. Very funny funny movie. No need to comment on how great the music was, and still is to this very day, and what that movie did to the whole world at the time.

I would say Sanford and Son was more than loosely based on Steptoe. I found a clip on line. Almost exact except the characters are black and it is British humor.

I also used to like Monty Python in the 70's. George Harrison loved them too, and funded a lot of their endeavors as you may know. I love comedy also. It is essential in life.

I always look at set dressings and old things too in all the old movies and TV shows I watch. Very good Ade, you are also an observant type of fellow. Sure all the stuff in movie prop houses are very collectible today. Even the "junk" on both old shows, and some newer shows.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi Nick, nice to hear from you. how is it going? Well I hope.

""Remind me of Steptoe n Son"" I do not know this??? I only know "Sanford and Son" a classic show. Is steptoe n son a TV comedy show?

Why "kidding" about it, is it a British joke or ....?

You did fine Nick, if you did not read the the previous posts by spotter and myself, and the pizza man.

Regards, Steve
    Hi Steve,,, all going tickety boo! here, well allmost and you ?

I'll be posting some piccs of stick grens soon and associated parts i have.

Regards
    Nick

P.S You still running that camaro?

Quote by jeeeensy View Post
    Hi Steve,,, all going tickety boo! here, well allmost and you ?

I'll be posting some piccs of stick grens soon and associated parts i have.

Regards
    Nick

P.S You still running that camaro?

Hey nick, missed this one!! Yes, the '78 Camaro is still running my old ass all around town. It's a good car. Chevy V-8's are very reliable.

Saw the collection, Nice! I will post some updated pics sometime. I have got a lot of new interesting grenades.

Happy Holidays! Regards, Steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3