Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wood bullet

Article about: Hi Johnnie, I'm gonna take some photo of those cases. they are all Ww2 marked and have a slight crimp on the neck, but they're not completely crimped as the blank .303 cases.

?

Default Re: Wood bullet

Hi Johnnie,
    I'm gonna take some photo of those cases. they are all Ww2 marked and have a slight crimp on the neck, but they're not completely crimped as the blank .303 cases.

There never was a wooden bullet blank of US manufactured for the M1 Garand or the .30 US cal. machineguns.. They always used the Model 1909 blank ctg. with a blank adaptor/ gas restrictor.... Here are some US model 1909 blanks manufactured at the Lake City Arsenal... The link below will take you to a great site on 30/06 US .30 Cal. ammo it will answer all questions...BILL

An Introduction to Collecting .30-06 by Chris Punnett
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wood bullet   Wood bullet  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Hi Bill, I guess this clears my doubts! By staying the ground, the cases must have lost the wax and so they were empty.This lead me to think they must have had a wooden bullet. here are some pics (the one in the picture is from 1947, but US troops were stationed here until 1954).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wood bullet   Wood bullet  

?

here's a blank .303

Hello Matt, Your (FA 47) Frankfort Arsenal 1947 Blank is the standard issue M 1909 Blank...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Hi Bill, thank you!
    the woods around here are littered with such cases. I'm hunting for better prizes (buttons, badges) but these little guys give me an hard time digging all the time.

i have photocopy of all german bullet but black in white

Wood bullet   Wood bullet  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2