Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 75mm Shell Case, Made in USA?

Article about: Hi all. I got this beaten up shell case from a brocante in the Argonne region. I presume it was hit by a plow or something, but it looks quite cool. I am just wondering about the headstamp a

Default WW1 75mm Shell Case, Made in USA?

Hi all. I got this beaten up shell case from a brocante in the Argonne region. I presume it was hit by a plow or something, but it looks quite cool. I am just wondering about the headstamp as it has USA on it. Does anyone know if this would have been made in the US for the French, or is it a French made case and the markings are just a coincidence? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 75mm Shell Case, Made in USA?   WW1 75mm Shell Case, Made in USA?  

WW1 75mm Shell Case, Made in USA?  

You are correct on the case, a "French 75".

The "USA" stamp is not where the case was made, but the supplier of the brass used. The marking after the Lot/Date code is for the "fournisseur du métal" (metal supplier)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade. Good to know for future reference. Cheers.

Looks like "U3A' to me??