Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 US MK2 grenade booby-trap fuze types?

Article about: I recently came across a photo of a MK2 frag with a fuze described as an M1 booby trap device. It was pipe-like, with what looked like a pressure switch facing upwards... if anyone can provi

Default WW2 US MK2 grenade booby-trap fuze types?

I recently came across a photo of a MK2 frag with a fuze described as an M1 booby trap device. It was pipe-like, with what looked like a pressure switch facing upwards... if anyone can provide any photos of MK2 booby trap fuzes with info, or link me to a good resource for them, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've searched google with no luck, which suprised me.

Researching stuff like this gets difficult.

?

Default Re: WW2 US MK2 grenade booby-trap fuze types?

Harrington Aviation museum has quite a lot of information about these fuses, and other bobby trap devices. I would recommend a visit and speak to the owner Roy Tebbutt.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

BerdanIII
    ?

I don't think the U.S. produced booby trap fuses for grenades as such; we just went to greater lengths in standardizing the dimensions and thread pitch used in demolition materials (fuses and explosives) so that they could be fitted together directly or with the use of an adapter.

Thanks for the advice Nige H, I'll have to try and check that out.

BerdanIII, I see what you mean after reading up on these... I found a site providing some good information on them. I also found a video on WW2 booby traps, featuring a grenade and a pull switch device at 3:13- YouTube - Booby traps in World War Two

I purchased an example of this configuration, when it arrives I shall get pictures and share them here.

I think there is a photo of what you are describing here in this collection. Look about 4 or 5 photos down to see what I am refering to.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...new-pics-8579/

Thanks for letting me know- I'd noticed that also, I enquired about it on the same topic. His collection really is stunning! I might end up buying one like his, for now I have ordered a MK2 grenade with M1 pull switch device.

For those who are interested, here's a site showing the different booby trap fuses:

British Boobytrap Mechanisms

-It says British, but when you click it shows American devices.

Here's my MK2 frag with M1 pull switch. It's WW2 era, found at a market stand in the Ardennes, Belgium. I presume the paint is original, can anyone give their opinion?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 US MK2 grenade booby-trap fuze types?   WW2 US MK2 grenade booby-trap fuze types?  

Hi Toxicgas i know this is a old thread.Here is a site i found some information on them WW2 Grenade Booby traps.. - HAND GRENADES [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum
    I have attached some images of one i own.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 US MK2 grenade booby-trap fuze types?   WW2 US MK2 grenade booby-trap fuze types?  

WW2 US MK2 grenade booby-trap fuze types?  

Thanks for posting Dave. I ended up selling mine, due to the grenade itself being re-painted. I still find these interesting though, I wouldn't mind acquiring a good MK2 grenade + boobytrap combo eventually.

Mat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast