Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

2xGerman 1WW ersatz bayos

Article about: I´ve a question about those two bayos below - what is their model name / index? I read here about some Tony Carter´s book (which I´ve never seen), internet sources are not good enough to lis

?

Default 2xGerman 1WW ersatz bayos

I´ve a question about those two bayos below - what is their model name / index?

I read here about some Tony Carter´s book (which I´ve never seen), internet sources are not good enough to list and classify all the spectrum of German ersatz bayos - so I´ll rely on knowledge of this forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2xGerman 1WW ersatz bayos   2xGerman 1WW ersatz bayos  

Default Re: 2xGerman 1WW ersatz bayos

RichieB supplied me with this link for a little info on my one

Ersatz Bayonets

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    RichieB supplied me with this link for a little info on my one

Ersatz Bayonets
    Well, I know this internet page, it´s good but not complete enough - one of bayos above is not matching with examples from that list

Bruno

they are called Ersatz bajonets by everyone but the germans, they called them "Aushilfsseitengewehr" loosely translated as "Auxillery sidearms"
    In Austria the called the "Not bajonetten" which means "Emergency bayonets"
    They are both standard 1916 models altough the bottom one is missing its hilt.
    Scabbards are standard replacement scabbards which will fit any bayonet of that lenght.

Jean

?

Quote by Redgemak View Post
    Bruno

they are called Ersatz bajonets by everyone but the germans, they called them "Aushilfsseitengewehr" loosely translated as "Auxillery sidearms"
    In Austria the called the "Not bajonetten" which means "Emergency bayonets"
    They are both standard 1916 models altough the bottom one is missing its hilt.
    Scabbards are standard replacement scabbards which will fit any bayonet of that lenght.

Jean
    Jep, thanks, but what I´m looking for is the exact names of those bayos like EBxx and EByy ??