Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

8 New Bayonets

Article about: Hello everyone, i had a message whilst on holiday from someone i have bought some uniforms from. He asked me if i had any interest in some bayonets he had. I couldn't get to see any pictures

Default 8 New Bayonets

Hello everyone, i had a message whilst on holiday from someone i have bought some uniforms from. He asked me if i had any interest in some bayonets he had. I couldn't get to see any pictures but when he said i could have the 8 for what i considered a very good price i thought it was worth the risk. And it was!

They just got delivered and it's possibly the best parcel i've received!

Included are:

Unfullered No9 Bayonet
    2 SLR bayonets, one parade
    2 Arisaka Bayonets, One with Scabbard
    1917 Chromes Remington
    No4 Bayonet with frog which appears to be 1939 dated.
    Ersatz Bayonet with Scabbard.

Now i have a few questions,

Chromed Remington and SLR- If anyone has more info on these i would appreciate it as haven't seen them before.
    Unfullered No9 - Why is it Unfullered and who would have used these? I had a feeling its South African

If you'd like further pictures of any no problem

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8 New Bayonets   8 New Bayonets  

AIF
    ?

Default Re: 8 New Bayonets

Looks like a nice haul, has the chrome patt 07 had the muzzle ring removed?

oh that Arisaka blade... i just love the shape of that bayonet! I wish i could import one of these but Greece's laws prohibits it!!

Quote by AIF View Post
    Looks like a nice haul, has the chrome patt 07 had the muzzle ring removed?
    Hi, I thought it was a Remington 1917? You can just see the Remington marking under the chrome i think. And yes it does have the ring removed.

- - Updated - -

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    oh that Arisaka blade... i just love the shape of that bayonet! I wish i could import one of these but Greece's laws prohibits it!!
    Really? They are lovely, do you know if the scabbard has been painted post war or is that its original colour?

Thanks for the responses

AIF
    ?

Arisaka bayonets should have a blued steel scabbard not painted so yeah It has been done post war... The SLR bayonets have been painted also but that is normal for those as they get used on parade, so no problem there.

That Remington bayonet is a bit of a frankenstein though with the muzzle ring cut off and those home made grips... But the rest of the bayonets look good so well done! ...You could easily remove the paint off the Arisaka scabbard and have it looking original again.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Arisaka bayonets should have a blued steel scabbard not painted so yeah It has been done post war... The SLR bayonets have been painted also but that is normal for those as they get used on parade, so no problem there.

That Remington bayonet is a bit of a frankenstein though with the muzzle ring cut off and those home made grips... But the rest of the bayonets look good so well done! ...You could easily remove the paint off the Arisaka scabbard and have it looking original again.
    Thanks for the comments. I've seen a few parade bayonets with the ring cut off but i cant remember why. Maybe someone here can shed light in the situation. In all honesty i hadn't even noticed the grips! Thank you

4md
    ?

excellent haul of bayonets, some nice ones there

?

Great bayonets I love Arisaka bayos, what make are they?

Thanks for the response, One is from the Magoya Arsenal, Toriimatsu Factory and the second is from the Hoten Arsenal, Mukden Arms Corporation.

You could open a kebab shop with that many!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast