Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ak 47 bayonet

Article about: evening all ,ive recently picked up this akm type 11 bayonet and scabbard ,the steel scabbard has the rubber insulator ,i cant see any markings or stamps ,it has been mentioned over on the n

Default ak 47 bayonet

evening all ,ive recently picked up this akm type 11 bayonet and scabbard ,the steel scabbard has the rubber insulator ,i cant see any markings or stamps ,it has been mentioned over on the nva forum its egyptian issue ak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonet

?

Very nice James makes the rifle look even better....You have an excellent set up there.. well done..Also I might like to add Saddam is looking rather young on those bank notes???.. Thanks for showing.. Cheers Terry.

I've not seen that slotted release button on NVA bayonets but they seem common on the Egyptian ones!.....
    Edit, some NVA bayonets have the slot too!....

?

Very impressive James, as ever your post's are a real pleasure to view, again you have inspired me

Is the AK a decommissioned piece, that would look very nice above my fireplace

OK, i've just read that NVA AKM series bayonets have an electro pencil serial number on the bayonet and scabbard so yours isn't east German so what is it? some Egyptian bayos have a serial number and others don't, my Iraqi bayo has no numbers as have other foreign produced bayonets.
    People with more knowledge will be able to help you more mate!....

Quote by Tango View Post
    Very nice James makes the rifle look even better....You have an excellent set up there.. well done..Also I might like to add Saddam is looking rather young on those bank notes???.. Thanks for showing.. Cheers Terry.
    cheers terry ,i agree the bayo does complete the look of the rifle ,sharp as hell too ,i could probably shave with it, thanks for looking ,james

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very impressive James, as ever your post's are a real pleasure to view, again you have inspired me

Is the AK a decommissioned piece, that would look very nice above my fireplace
    thanks opex ,im afraid deactivated it was paul's originally (gunny) my missus would kill me if i even suggested putting it above the fireplace ,thanks james

thanks for the info on this bayo paul ,you have a broad knowledge ,ive got a lot to learn im afraid ,its only my second bayonet, not to go off topic but this is my other ,a TR period parade/dress bayonet ,private purchase as it has no maker marks unfortunately no frog ,apart from the one in the pond ak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonetak 47 bayonet

James

AK bayonet website which may be of interest.

AK BAYONETS HOME - AK Bayonets Of The World

Greetings James,

I’m with Gunny that it (your AK Bayo) is an Egyptian Made variant. The hardware is exactly the same and too with the excessive use of epoxy filler oozing at various joints. Below are the Brown and Black handled variants.

Regards,

Lance

ak 47 bayonet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast