Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

AKM type 1 bayonet

Article about: Hello everyone, After confirmation of which country the scabbard, hanger and retention strap are from. Just got my first AK bayonet and I'm a little confused. I'm pretty sure the bayonet is

?

Default AKM type 1 bayonet

Hello everyone,

After confirmation of which country the scabbard, hanger and retention strap are from.

Just got my first AK bayonet and I'm a little confused. I'm pretty sure the bayonet is DDR made with serial number in the pommel however the retention strap doesn't look like the DDR style. Its black leather with a clip instead of a buckle and its riveted on so i can't remove it without cutting the leather. I can't find anything like it so I'm wondering if its home made. The scabbard hanger / frog is black leather instead of the DDR grey leather style. The scabbard insulator appears to be DDR made however the scabbard itself isn't serial numbered and doesn't appear to have the markings that DDR ones have. My guess is maybe Hungarian?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
    Alex

AKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonetAKM type 1 bayonet

Wish I could help Mate, all I can do is show a couple of mine for reference.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-17-2019 at 02:46 AM. Reason: added pics

?

Bump