Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

any help on this spear?

Article about: Hello. Was at a farm auction 3 miles from my house about 2 weeks ago. Picked up everything that was military at the sale. Only 25 people showed up and had no idea what I was buying. The auct

?

Default any help on this spear?

Hello. Was at a farm auction 3 miles from my house about 2 weeks ago. Picked up everything that was military at the sale. Only 25 people showed up and had no idea what I was buying. The auctioneer said was from estate of widow. Her husband was WW2 vet but that is all he knew.
    Ended up with Japanese sword for $50, several US army pcs of gear and several Imperial German items.
    But this one has me stumped. I took gamble at $25. I can find no marks on it at least that my eyes can find.
    It is very heavy weighting right about 9-10 lbs. It is very well made and not one of those cheap stage/ masonic spears.
    Is there anyone out there that knows about spears/pikes? I have showed it around the gun show last week and heard everything from cavalry to some sort of royal guard.
    Any help would be great.any help on this spear?any help on this spear?any help on this spear?any help on this spear?any help on this spear?any help on this spear?any help on this spear?

?

Spear head broken off the shaft ? G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

spear of destiny from the castle of wolfenstein ?

?

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    spear of destiny from the castle of wolfenstein ?
    Not in this case.. meyle77

?

Wood is broken off inside. Just thought it was strange that so many gun dealers tried to buy it from me last weekend. thinking might have something little different. Was with a Japanese sword so many Japanese but there was also some German military in there.

?

popeye, Any determination as to the construction ie; Brass. Steel or Copper ?? G
    At first glance I thought perhaps Assegai (Zulu) but I doubt they had the resources to produce such an item.
    It almost looks cast... In a good way.. G

?

It appears to be a steel. But not 100% on that. Not brass or cheap pot metal.
    I was stationed in Africa with USN CB's for 2 years seen a lot of weapons from Africa and this isn't a tourist pc and a good friend of mine was from the Zulu tribe and this does not look like his traditional ceremonial spear that he had.

Cavalry Lance head? Pike head? Certainly too heavy for a Spear. Unfortunately, unless marked, it could be nearly any nationality, but from the 19th century, I would say.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Are you posting the Japanese sword?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Cavalry Lance head? Pike head? Certainly too heavy for a Spear. Unfortunately, unless marked, it could be nearly any nationality, but from the 19th century, I would say.
    I thought that too William.. lance / Pike... The remaining wood looks new though.. It might be the 'Flash"
    Around the remaining "Pole" the metal appears semi-rough. Perhaps a clue to construction.. Good luck popeye G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast