Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Argentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st Modelo

Article about: Hello everyone, I got this Argentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st Modelo made by WKC. Its not something I would usually go for and picked it up out of curiosity. Anyone got any links or in

?

Default Argentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st Modelo

Hello everyone,

I got this Argentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st Modelo made by WKC. Its not something I would usually go for and picked it up out of curiosity. Anyone got any links or info on these? I cant find much other than photos online.

Thanks

Alex
    Argentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st ModeloArgentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st ModeloArgentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st ModeloArgentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st ModeloArgentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st ModeloArgentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st ModeloArgentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st Modelo

?

I'm finding basics in for sale ad's. I do like the last sentence...Elite Commando. Great selling point...

"Argentine Machete / Bolo made in Germany by WKC in 1909, Modelo Argentino 1909 Short Sword or Machete, manufactured by Weyersberg Kirschbaum and Company of Solingen, Germany. Massive military issue jungle machete with matching numbered scabbard and a full Argentine crest on the blade. Used by the Argentine Elite Commando Force or Argentine Artillery."

My boss called me over to his office and had one of these he picked up at our local gun show. He liked the way it felt.

He is an avid hunter and camps out for weeks. He said it worked great for camp work!!!! Yeah he was not a collector of edged weapons

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil, same as you I could only find basic info on sales sites. I tried google translate on a few Spanish sites but couldn’t find much more. It does feel very well weighted in hand but I don’t think I’ll be chopping any trees down with it.

Hi, mates, collector´s mates wrote to me the following:

"Yes i have a book some where showing a photo of an Argentine soldier wearing one in the Falklands,I will try and find it"

"A couple of years ago at a militaria fair someone had one of those Argentine machetes for sale and when I stopped to ask the chap about it he told me that he "obtained" it in the Falkland Islands while he was serving there during the Falklands war with the British army. I didn't buy it but I was interested in his story and somewhat surprised that the Argentine army was using such an antiquated machete even if of lovely quality as late as the 1980's."

Still in use on the Malvinas, unbelievable ! ...

Argentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st ModeloArgentine Machete de Artillería 1909 1st Modelo

?

Great photo Reibert. I remember reading somewhere that these were sold as surplus in the 80's so it must have been after the Falklands. I would never have guessed they were used so late.

Alex

?

Delete , Double info
    Last edited by AZPhil; 07-05-2021 at 08:03 PM. Reason: De

Ja, interesting, well-shaped tools !

I still do own a couple of them in my collection.

?

There is some more info to find on this bayonet on the following site

Bayonets of Argentina

I myself have the 2nd model it are really nice bayonets.