Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian/ Bulgarian Bayonet?

Article about: Hi all. I picked this up cheap with a couple of other ww1 era bayos that had been converted for domestic use and had also had a hard life. The hilt appears to be typical of the Austrian M189

Default Austrian/ Bulgarian Bayonet?

Hi all. I picked this up cheap with a couple of other ww1 era bayos that had been converted for domestic use and had also had a hard life. The hilt appears to be typical of the Austrian M1895 Mannlicher bayonet. The blade however looks to have originally had a T shaped cross section (similar to a French Gras bayonet) which has been hammered flat into a more practical blade. Note the fold along the spine where the T section has come together. It is possible that this originally had no blade and was mainly designed for stabbing. If anyone has any thoughts on this bayonet I would appreciate hearing them. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian/ Bulgarian Bayonet?   Austrian/ Bulgarian Bayonet?  

Austrian/ Bulgarian Bayonet?   Austrian/ Bulgarian Bayonet?  

?

Pretty sure it is a remain from austrian produced longe and T-shaped bayonet for greek Männlicher-Schönauer m1903 rifle..

Thanks Bruno. It appears you are correct. I just couldn't get past the M1895 hilt. Many thanks.

?

There is probably no possible obtain a marking of the blade?, so it mustbe not the austrian production, possible too italian postwar production for Greeks, its greek M03/14 configuration shortened. b.r.,Andy