MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bayonet

Article about: i have no idea what it is , got this at flea market , no idea what it is if its real, not sure what forum this belongs in!! Help all knowledgable edged weapons experts thanx Emerika

Default Re: dagger/sword

Did a google search. Here's a link with some info. Indeed the Argentine military utilized the Mauser and like the name says, the pattern 1891 Mauser. It looks like the 1891 Mauser rifle was used almost exclusively by Argentia. It's an interesting bayo. You'll see that there's a specific pattern for the Navy- to address marine conditions. I've never been exposed to this type bayo so it was a good learning experience during some of the lite research.

There's alot of info out there from a simple google search. Just a matter of going through the various pages. The link is below:

Modelo Argentino 1891 Mauser Sword Bayonet
    Last edited by Swordfish; 10-13-2010 at 02:41 AM.

ah i see a collector younger than me, awesome!! when is the ohio gun show do you know? thanks!

thank you! also does the blade appear to be refinished?

Ohio Gun Shows Here are many. I think it could have been replaced, or even polished. I'm not sure if they were blued or not. I hope you can find a nice show.

Quote by emerika View Post
    i have no idea what it is , got this at flea market , no idea what it is if its real, not sure what forum this belongs in!!
    Help all knowledgable edged weapons experts
    thanx
    Emerika
    Attachment 148101Attachment 148098Attachment 148097Attachment 148108Attachment 148109Attachment 148110Attachment 148102Attachment 148103Attachment 148104Attachment 148105Attachment 148100Attachment 148107Attachment 148106Attachment 148099
    Who lives here in Mansfield,Ohio.

Please do tell.

Brian

She does. I live in Cleveland. I guess you live in Ohio too?

I live in Mansfield also, talk about a small world we all live in.

Brian

yes fo sho small world we ahould start a mansfield collector group!

Quote by Swordfish View Post
    Did a google search. Here's a link with some info. Indeed the Argentine military utilized the Mauser and like the name says, the pattern 1891 Mauser. It looks like the 1891 Mauser rifle was used almost exclusively by Argentia. It's an interesting bayo. You'll see that there's a specific pattern for the Navy- to address marine conditions. I've never been exposed to this type bayo so it was a good learning experience during some of the lite research.

There's alot of info out there from a simple google search. Just a matter of going through the various pages. The link is below:

Modelo Argentino 1891 Mauser Sword Bayonet
    thank you for the link...i have been so busy with school i havent had time to research it!

Default Re: Bayonet

hay you cant fine a staff like this very ceap in romania on the web site hoo sell every things but the problem romanian dont have trust to sell on the another country..i buy some things from this website very very hard i find people to send my this staff to denmark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast