Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bayonet help please

Article about: by AZPhil With the bottom pic The one on the far right and far left really need closer pic's of those to identify. Semper Fi Phil Austrian-hungarian 1917 pattern fighting knives, aka. "

Default bayonet help please

Hello all,

I am trying to list some bayonets on eBay for a friend (slimming down an Estate and in way over his head) and these are the ones I cannot for the life of me identify. Can you PLEASE help me and potentially save me hours of research? Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help and feedback.

William Kramer

- - ------- - -

first batch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bayonet help please   bayonet help please  

second batch

- - ------- - -

third batch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bayonet help please   bayonet help please  

bayonet help please   bayonet help please  

?

didn't see pic's when I first read this .

Big long one in the middle is a FRENCH LEBEL BAYONET MODEL 1886/93/16 ...Second from left looks like a Brown bess,but hard to tell from pics..First from left a Mosin Nagant i think...really cant see the one on the right mate...need some closer pics but thats my take on them as is..Ron..thats for the top pic
    Second batch..second from left is a Brazilian contract Mauser
    Third batch second from left is a British p1907

?

First pic,
    Mosin Nagant 91/30,???,French Model 1886/93/16,French M1936 for the MAS rifle.

I must have been typing when you answered those Wizardman.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Third batch bottom pic, to the right of the P07 that was identified by wizardman is a French M1892.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

With the bottom pic The one on the far right and far left really need closer pic's of those to identify.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

So far so good. 2nd set, 1st bayo on the left is a Spanish 1893. Off to work now, will check back later. The socket bay is going to have to be measured to be sure of it;s origin.

Jim

?

The socket bayonet could be a Brown Bess bayo, but if it is, it should be marked. If it truly is an English socket, you will find it here:

British_Sockets_Index

Jim

?

2nd group, left to right, 1st 1893/13 spanish, 2nd 1908 Brazilian, 3rd 1924/30 Belgium export, 4th 1912 Austrian export.

The export bayonets could have ended up in any number of countries, no way to tell for sure without the markings being shown.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast