Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bayonet i found

Article about: I found this bayonet and was told its from world war 2. can anyone give me some info on it and how much its worth?

Default Bayonet i found

Bayonet i foundBayonet i foundBayonet i foundBayonet i found

I found this bayonet and was told its from world war 2. can anyone give me some info on it and how much its worth?

?

Default Re: Bayonet i found

Italian Model 1891/38 fixed blade bayonet, with Frog stud fixing.

Gary J.

Thankyou. Do you have any idea on how much it is worth?

Bad question lol, trust me I learned the hard way as a new member but im sure if you google Italian Model 1891/38 fixed blade bayonet, with Frog stud fixing you will find out. Try to find a "sold" example, sometimes the ones still availible are due to over pricing. Good luck

i can only find folding ones on the internet

I feel your pain. I would imagine somewhere in the range of 75-125. Sorry the gap so large, bayonets are my thing!Maybe someone will come along and give a more thorough amount.

- - Updated - -

Also better pictures maybe needed to consider condition.

thankyou for your help. can you tell me what the numbers along the handle mean?

Hi Missy, welcome to the forum,, you came to the right place to ask questions, and you will get answers. The Bayonet gents can help out alot in these type of foreign knives as we have gents here that specialize in every aspect of this hobby. You will receive the best answer in a courteous manner. Enjoy your stay and walk around a bit,, theres alot to see! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The number is the serial number of the short rifle that the bayo was issued with-a means of control to keep track of the bayo.

Miss,

If it helps you to estimate value, I purchased a similar bayonet in a little worse condition (someone had sharpened it poorly) last year for $20. Granted that prices may vary from region to region, in my area I would expect a collector to pay around $45 to $65 for yours. Italian bayonets are not in high demand like German or US pieces in my experience. Expect a lot less though if you try to sell to a resaler (antique store, pawn shop, or militaria trader) as they have to make a profit as well and therefore will try to get it as cheap as possible.

Best of luck to you,
    Pal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast