Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet identification/confirmation.

Article about: Hi Guys, I just picked up this bayonet, and been told that it is a German 1895/12 bayonet. Maker is Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co. Solingen. There are a couple of stamps on the other side o

?

Default Bayonet identification/confirmation.

Hi Guys,

I just picked up this bayonet, and been told that it is a German 1895/12 bayonet.
    Maker is Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co. Solingen.
    There are a couple of stamps on the other side of the blade, one is 3 interlocked rings, the other is in the shape of a shield,
    with a star in the centre.
    I am hoping that someone can assist in confirming the description of the bayo, and also tell me what the 2 stamps may indicate.
    As well as which country(s) may have used them.

All assistance and comments are most welcome, and I offer thanks in advance

Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet identification/confirmation.   Bayonet identification/confirmation.  

Bayonet identification/confirmation.   Bayonet identification/confirmation.  

Bayonet identification/confirmation.   Bayonet identification/confirmation.  

Bayonet identification/confirmation.  

For Chilean Mauser M95, 1895 bayo. Found this on the Worldbayonets site: Knife bayonet for use with the 7 mm. M1895 Mauser rifle produced for Chile by Ludwig Loewe and Deutsche Waffen-Und Munitionsfabriken (DWM) in Germany.
    These bayonets were produced from 1895–1901. This example was made by Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co. of Solingen, Germany.

The three intertwined circles on the ricasso are the trademark of the famous steelworks, Krupp (pronounced 'croop'), who supplied the blade steel. The three rings symbolized the Radreifen—the seamless railway wheels patented by Alfred Krupp. At the turn of the Century, when these bayonets were made, Krupp was the largest company in Europe.

Bayonets of Chile

?

Thanks for the info Paul, at lease now I know more about it.
    I looked at that site earlier to try and ID it, but never checked in the Chile section.

Brad.

You're welcome Brad, I only knew because I'd seen the shield once before. So many of that model, and other countries made similar models, it get's confusing lol