Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet with only numbers! Anyone explain

Article about: Hello My name is Thomas and I would like to know if anyone can give me some information about this bayonet. I think it is a WW1 Mauser model but not makings at all and only a serial number?

CaptQuigg
    ?

Default Bayonet with only numbers! Anyone explain

Hello

My name is Thomas and I would like to know if anyone can give me some information about this bayonet. I think it is a WW1 Mauser model but not makings at all and only a serial number? on the end. It does not fit my 1891 Arg. Mauser. The scabbard is green as you can see but I have read there should not be paint on it. Therefore I have no clue.
    Thanks
    Bayonet with only numbers! Anyone explainBayonet with only numbers! Anyone explainBayonet with only numbers! Anyone explainBayonet with only numbers! Anyone explainBayonet with only numbers! Anyone explain

Default Re: Bayonet with only numbers! Anyone explain

It looks Czech to me, but the blade is facing down instead of up like the VZ24.

It is a Chilean M1912. Made in 1912 to 1913 and used until about 1934.It was made to fit the Chilean 7mm Mauser.Made by the Austrian firm Oesterreichsche WaffenfabrikGesellschaft of Steyer.

Hope that I have answered your question.
    grimlin13

Almost forgot, the scabbard is not the original scabbard issued with bayonet. The original would have two screws,one on each side of the throat instead of one on top. The green paint on the scabbard has been up for discussion. I have an all matching 42cvl German bayonet that has green paint on it. I have seen another WWII German bayonet with the same green paint on it`s scabbard as yours and I saw a picture of a German dagger with green paint on the scabbard. Not known if it was applied war time or post war.
    g13
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet with only numbers! Anyone explain  

?

I assume the blade is 30 cm long so the bayonet is a belgian FN production for Peru, Mo1935.

Thank you AndyB. I stand corrected.Glad to see you here.
    Here are pictures of a Peruviain Model 1935 bayonet for comparison.
    grimlin13
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet with only numbers! Anyone explain   Bayonet with only numbers! Anyone explain  

Attached Images Attached Images Bayonet with only numbers! Anyone explain