Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bayonets bought in a Russian village

Article about: Thank you for the info AndyB. I just wrote what i was told. What does a Danish guy know about Slovakian WW 2 Alphabet?

?

Default Re: Bayonets bought in a Russian village

Thank you for the info AndyB. I just wrote what i was told. What does a Danish guy know about Slovakian WW 2 Alphabet?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    The Nr.2 is a normal yugoslavian M1924 bayonet for the yugo M24 rifle, isnt any austrian reworks there, same as i dont know where something bring together cyrilic alphabet with Slovakia? we have latin alphabet, so the other yugo M48 bayonet was made too in Yugoslavia.
    I thought it was a rework because it was pretty longer then normal m1924... so i thought.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Number 5 is a Yugoslavian M48 bayonet. '44' Isn't the date of manufacture, it's postwar. Nice bayonets!
    As far as I know PREDUCECE 44 means, that the bayo was manufactured by state factory No.44, Kragujevac, Serbia

The British were involved in fighting with the White armies in the Russian Civil War- I believe they fought in the far North West of Russian and also in Eastern Russia. They also supplied large numbers of SMLEs to the new Baltic states and possibly to the White Armies too- hence your 1907 Pattern SMLE bayonet ended up in Russia!

Datrus-Yugoslav M48 rifle is not a K98k clone-separate design more based on the FN24 rifle-see attached pics-'Factory 44' is the Kragujevac Arsenal-FN 24 bayos come in different lengths, yours is a long model-the Yugoslavs shortened many of theirs after WW2 to make them easier to carry (see lower bayo in picture)-the British P1907 bayo was used (and made) well after WW2-should have the date made stamped near the cross guard-I am puzzled by your 'lend lease' comment on the Argentine bayo as the LL program provided US made equipment to Allied forces in WW2.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonets bought in a Russian village   Bayonets bought in a Russian village  

No.2 Bayonet is M24 as already said but some facts about ATZ/VTZ and Preduzeće/company 44 signs and bayonets..

BT3/VTZ = Vojno Tehnički Zavod (Military-Technical Works )
    AT3/ATZ = Artiljerijsko Tehnički Zavod (Artillery-Technical Works)

The early BT3/VTZ existed in period 15.02.1883-01.11.1915. but it had sign of two-headed eagle.
    BT3/VTZ made rifles and bayonets in period 01.12.1918-30.11.1923. and after that name is changed into AT3/ATZ from 30.11.1923-04.03.1931.
    In period from 28.06.1945-04.09.1947 exists Zavod 44 ( Works 44 ) after that comes Preduzeće 44 ( Company 44 ).

M24 exists as ATZ and VTZ and with sign C.G. Haenel Suhl. ( difference between M-1924 and M-1924b is in shape of wood handle ).
    ATZ/VTZ bayonets M24, M95 and M88 are made in large quantities and there was also M95M and one rare is ATZ/VTZ for 7 mm M1899.

?

Thanks a lot. This is some pretty detailed info my friend Well done.

Best regards, Lars

?

Datrus given the fact(random era bayos and few bottle of vodka) I can assume you have bought someone's collection. British 07 could apeear it that part of the world Anglo-Russian Entente - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but this not the case IMO.

BTW British newer have fought White Army. Last time Britain and Russia were fighting was in Crimean times if off course we exclude the intervention into RSFSR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3