Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon Bayonet

Article about: Hi guys, im not an expert but have a working knowledge of these..this is i believe a British made 1907, 2/1912 Enfield Bayonet,sent to Australia..My understanding this is a N.S.W 2nd distric

Default British Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon Bayonet

Hi guys, im not an expert but have a working knowledge of these..this is i believe a British made 1907, 2/1912 Enfield Bayonet,sent to Australia..My understanding this is a N.S.W 2nd district one and is rather rare due to the difference in stampings to all the others sent to Australia, i think and correct me if im wrong,that all the others are stamped Sold out of Service and the 1912 model just has a Darrow stamp...any further help would be great
    British Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon BayonetBritish Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon BayonetBritish Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon BayonetBritish Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon BayonetBritish Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon BayonetBritish Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon BayonetBritish Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon BayonetBritish Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon BayonetBritish Enfield P-1907 Hook Quillon Bayonet
    I had flipped the pics but they didnt upload the right way sorry

The only thing that look odd to me is the manufacturers marking, it looks like EFD when it should be Enfield. It does look like it has been ground off and remarked but it would have had the quillon ground off if it had been FTR'd.

EFD is the mark for Enfield

?

What if this was purpose built for Australia, would it still have a sold out of service mark? Australia didn't start making their own til later in 1912. Just thinking out loud.

Jim

The SOS was used for all previous versions sent to Australia..the 1912 has no serial numbers or anything,its unique with a D with a broadarrow inside..im trying to contact an authority on them atm..its an iteresting point Jim,im not sure on...btw its funny P1907 bayonets manufactured in Australia at our Lithgow factory were shipped to the USA to be used there for the Remington i think, but they had "Australia" stamped on them ..some regulation about foreign made items having to have country of origin on them

Are you confident that it isn't just on '07 with the hook quillion welded back on?? The shape has me slightly concerned, I would be really happy if I was wrong with my concern though...

nah its a good one,ive seen the dodgy ones

I don't think the X is an out of service mark. The sold out of service mark is two broad arrows point to point. The is more than likely a final inspection mark.
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 05-06-2014 at 03:47 PM.

AIF
    ?

Mate it looks fine to me, I can't see anything wrong with nor any unusual stamps. Nice bayonet

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    EFD is the mark for Enfield
    I was expecting a 1912 bayonet to be marked to Enfield rather than EFD as I thought it was a later abbreviation however after checking a 1908 and a 1910, they were both EFD marked.

The X mark is a pass of the bend test.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast