Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone give me info on this knife "Zeitler 77"

Article about: Anyone have info on this knife. The handle is different then the ones posted on this site.\\$(KGrHqIOKiwE308Cw)MEBOC!RJuTL!~~0_3.jpg (67.3 KB)

Default Can anyone give me info on this knife "Zeitler 77"

Anyone have info on this knife. The handle is different then the ones posted on this site.$(KGrHqIOKiwE308Cw)MEBOC!RJuTL!~~0_3.jpg (67.3 KB)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone give me info on this knife "Zeitler 77"  

Default Re: Can anyone give me info on this knife "Zeitler 77"

The blade is from an Austrian military knife - not sure if yours is a civilian production model or a one off home made conversion.

Reibert will answer your question - he knows about these things

Hi !

IMO only the blade of your knife is made by ZEITLER !

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...s-knife-21007/

There was an Austrian made bayonet, developed for the "Sturmgewehr 58", ("Assault gun 1958 pattern"), showing a black hilt, but it looks completely different.
    BTW, this pattern bayonet was in use in the Austrian United Nations Contingent in Kongo in the early 60´s.

I am waiting for the knife to arrive. The seller says the handle is original to the knife. I will examin it and add more photos to see if anyone can advise who used this knife . Thanks, Charlie

Knife arrived. This one is a mystery. The grip is definately a factory installed grip and there is a hole in the pommel where it can be attached to a rifle. I will send photos of the pommel. Charlie

018.jpg (245.2 KB
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone give me info on this knife "Zeitler 77"  

The tape looking material on the grip is actully a piece of tight rubber that was used to cover a crack in the grip. Charlie