Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Can I See Your Trench Knives?

Article about: Anyone else? Still interested.

Default Re: Can I See Your Trench Knives?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    My contribution to this thread.

All have been shown in detail on the forum in the past.

Cheers, Ade.
    Nice Adrian!
    Do either of the nickel Commandos have an etch on the blade?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, the first pattern has the usual "FS" and "Wilkinson Sword" etched panels on the ricasso.

The first pattern knife is one of my favourite items in my collection. I featured it in more detail here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/edged...history-12171/

The 2nd pattern is completely plain.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can I See Your Trench Knives?   Can I See Your Trench Knives?  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My contribution to this thread.

All have been shown in detail on the forum in the past.

Cheers, Ade.

Adrian, I really like that one in the middle of the lot. Is it supposed to be a homemade push-dagger?

Thanks for the photos Adrian! If I see corectly, one has the flat ricasso and the other is curved. Here are a few photos of mine. It has a banner on the blade with a name on it. Would you know of any way to find out who it belonged to?
    Ralph.
    Can I See Your Trench Knives?Can I See Your Trench Knives?Can I See Your Trench Knives?
    Hi Ralph, the first pattern has the usual "FS" and "Wilkinson Sword" etched panels on the ricasso.

The first pattern knife is one of my favourite items in my collection. I featured it in more detail here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/edged...history-12171/

The 2nd pattern is completely plain.

Cheers, Ade.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Adrian, I really like that one in the middle of the lot. Is it supposed to be a homemade push-dagger?
    It is. It came from Canada and I believe it dates to WW1.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ralph, the echted panel was an option a private purchase buyer could choose. Sadly no way of tracing him. I have seen them carried by US servicemen as well as Brit/Commonwealth troops.

Only first pattern knives had the flat ricasso. The blades were hand made and expensive, which was one of the reasons the 2nd pattern with a simpler machine made blade came inot being.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Adrian.
    Sorry, I meant to say guard. I realise the earlier ones had the hand made blades with the flat ricasso. I have one, but it is not of the nickel finish.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph, the echted panel was an option a private purchase buyer could choose. Sadly no way of tracing him. I have seen them carried by US servicemen as well as Brit/Commonwealth troops.

Only first pattern knives had the flat ricasso. The blades were hand made and expensive, which was one of the reasons the 2nd pattern with a simpler machine made blade came inot being.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, Ralph,
    Great commando blades. My very first real collectable knife was a FS 3rd pattern.
    I think I bought it when I was maybe 14 years old. (wow--40 years ago)

Here is my 1918 trench knife.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can I See Your Trench Knives?  
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-05-2018 at 04:34 PM. Reason: picture update
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

My FS knives.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can I See Your Trench Knives?  
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-05-2018 at 11:19 PM.
    gregM

myself around.

One last trench knife---
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-05-2018 at 04:32 PM. Reason: updated picture
    gregM

myself around.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast