Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian Arsenals C1 bayonet

Article about: Hello everyone, Here is my Canadian C1 bayonet for the C1 and C1A1 Self Loading Rifle and C1 submachine gun made by Canadian Arsenals Ltd (formally Longbranch) in 1960. I'm not sure about th

?

Default Canadian Arsenals C1 bayonet

Hello everyone,

Here is my Canadian C1 bayonet for the C1 and C1A1 Self Loading Rifle and C1 submachine gun made by Canadian Arsenals Ltd (formally Longbranch) in 1960. I'm not sure about the rest of the world but these are pretty scarce in Australia. Its missing the scabbard screw, anyone have any ideas about where to find an original spare (without buying another scabbard)?

Any comments welcome

Alex
    Canadian Arsenals C1 bayonetCanadian Arsenals C1 bayonetCanadian Arsenals C1 bayonetCanadian Arsenals C1 bayonetCanadian Arsenals C1 bayonetCanadian Arsenals C1 bayonet

?

Thats a Nice one, most are pretty beat up, the rare ones date from he late 50s. they are around here in Canada, but not common, I have never seen a scabbard for sale by itself, and the chances of finding an original screw are about nil. You might have to go to a place that sells standard thread machine screws to replace it.

Dean O
    Canada

Nice! Seem pretty scarce to find over here in the UK so I was pretty pleased to get mine a couple of years ago, price was just as per a UK L1 type bayonet which made it even better as I had expected to cost a bit more due to its scarcity! Mine is also a 1960 dated one and is in pretty good condition, also came with a Canadian frog which made the price even better!

I've never tried it but would a screw for a UK or Aussie scabbard just be the same? Probably easier to find a battered scabbard for one of these with a screw in it?

?

Thanks for the replies Dean and Time Bandit,

I picked this one up on eBay for less than what the Australian SLR bayonets are selling for-which are ridiculous considering how common they are.

The spare no 5 scabbards are quite easy to find here but I can't remember ever seeing a beat up one going cheap. I was thinking if the no 4 scabbard screw is the same size, they are usually a bit cheaper.

Alex

?

The bayonet also fit the Canadian C2 C2A1 rifle automatic and the C1AD select fire service rifle issued to the Canadian navy. As to the bayonet throat screw, any screw from the No 5 to No 9 will fit as well as the Australian L1A1 bayonet scabbard.
    I hope that this helps you.

Hi, mates,
    was the "C1" in NAM also ? ...

thx. in advance,
    R.

?

Hi Reibert,

Haven’t seen you post anything for a while.

As per Wikipedia - The Canadians weren’t actively involved in the Vietnam war but they did do peacekeeping from 1973 so presumably they carried bayonets. I’m not sure if they ever exported the C1 to any other countries.

Hi, Alex, for quite a long time I didn´t have any access to the warrrelics forum.
    I don´t know why ...
    Some time ago there´re some alterations/modifications in the forum since then I had the problems ...

Regarding the Canadians in NAM:
    As far as I know 30.000 canadian volunteers served in Viet-Nam (134 "reported" KIA , and, MIA ... ).

Good to see you back Reibert, we appreciate your blade expertise.

thx. a lot !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast