Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

chinese nationalist sword

Article about: I got this yesterday for \\$200 what do you guys think?

Default chinese nationalist sword

chinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist swordchinese nationalist sword

I got this yesterday for $200 what do you guys think?

An interesting sword. Is it Chinese? The blade looks more Chinese than European, while the hilt style suggests Russian or French influence. The engraving of the brass to my eye is Asian rather than European. So, while not a China expert I could believe that was made around 1920's in China.

I believe 1912-1928. on the hilt is the Chinese war flag and the Chinese nationalist flag. these flags were abolished by chaing in 1928. the guy I got it from said his father brought it back from ww2.

My grandfather served on a British gunboat on the Yangse River in the 1920's, and i've seen his China photos, so I am familiar with the period. That sword is an interesting historical piece. I suspect the scabbard may not be Chinese made though.

A cool piece! For what you paid, I'd say you did pretty good!

?

Sweet sword, something you don't see too often. Elaborate engraving makes it a great showpiece for any collection.

thank you guys very much for your comments. I wish there was more out there about them.