Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese samurai swords?

Article about: Greetings, Can anyone tell me more about the markings on these swords? The seller believes that they are Chinese military samurai swords made during WWII. I have some concerns about this but

Default Chinese samurai swords?

Greetings,

Can anyone tell me more about the markings on these swords?
    The seller believes that they are Chinese military samurai swords made during WWII.
    I have some concerns about this but thought I might ask you all before I consider a purchase. My guess is that they are post war souvenir made swords but maybe someone here knows better? But they have nice patina so I wonder... The guy is asking $200 for each.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinese samurai swords?   Chinese samurai swords?  

Chinese samurai swords?   Chinese samurai swords?  

Chinese samurai swords?  

?

Default Re: Chinese samurai swords?

These are Chinese for sure ! and nothing to do with the military ! They are pretending to be Japanese Shin Gunto swords but are poorly made replicas . Take a look on Ebay and you will see many of these at a lot less than $200 . My advice would be to save up and find something that you will be proud to own .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Cheap pieces of crap and I bet the dealer knows it.

I agree with the above comments. Acid etched marks on a fake Chinese sword. I brought one when I started collecting for £10 and it served me well as a display piece But $200 is crazy money IMO. Here in Britain I have seen these in piles at fairs. What is entertaining is the different stories I have been given from "dealers" as to their origins. They range from genuine Japanese sword to sword made in Japan to give to Chinese or Koreans who were loyal to the Japanese. Not sure when they flooded the market but certainly one to avoid.

?

Absolute rubbish, don't touch this one.

Thanks all,

Figured as much but the patina and age, and the guys story as he has been very knowledgable about other pieces, made me wonder. Guess that aged junk is still just junk.

Thanks for the advice,
    Pal