Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CZ Waffenamt bayonet questions

Article about: Here is a Czech bayonet with German proofs. My understanding is that this bayonet was manufactured for the G33/40 Carbine. Is this correct? Any/all information will be appreciated. Sorry for

Default CZ Waffenamt bayonet questions

Here is a Czech bayonet with German proofs. My understanding is that this bayonet was manufactured for the G33/40 Carbine. Is this correct? Any/all information will be appreciated.

Sorry for the poor photo quality. These are taken with my phone camera. The blade an scabbard are actually excellent with strong, deep, dark color. This set is almost mint; no sharpening or deep scratches.

?

I have a couple of these and yes mine fit nicely on my g.33/40 mountain troop rifle. Here are 2 links to mine on my site.

S24(t) Bayonet - Dot 43 - Czech Frog

S24(t) DOT 43 Brunn Bayonet
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

PRE
    ?

Occupation made bayonet for VZ-24's, K98k's, etc. It has a WaA stamp on it because it was made under German rule/auspices/control. Another indication is the standard short bayonet ring, instead of the 'de-ringed' style of captured examples. I have one that looks just like yours.
    Pat
    Last edited by PRE; 08-23-2016 at 06:10 AM.

?

Looks like a beauty to me!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Its not a occupation bayonet, even not a czech bayonet, more real slovakian produced CS Vz.24 upgraded for german contract well known as S24(t),it was made by Zbrojovka Brno, in independent Slovak State, plant Povazska Bystrica, the scabbard was proofed in Brno. Most real it was destined for G24(t) rifle.b.r.Andy

Default Questions. . .

Great information. A couple of questions. . .

This example is not market dot. Is there any information available as to the numbers produced with and without that mark? And why were some manufactured with and without that code?

Thanks!

PRE
    ?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Its not a occupation bayonet, even not a czech bayonet, more real slovakian produced CS Vz.24 upgraded for german contract well known as S24(t),it was made by Zbrojovka Brno, in independent Slovak State, plant Povazska Bystrica, the scabbard was proofed in Brno. Most real it was destined for G24(t) rifle.b.r.Andy
    Andy,
    I stand corrected. Thank you for correcting me and providing the additional information.
    Best,
    Pat

With the timing of the matter as to when the certain models of rifles were manufactured like the G. 33/40 vs. the G. 24(t) being a factor (I'm ready to be corrected by Andy if needed) - here is my understanding of the matter: Under the occupation - exact copies of the Vz. 24 bayonets were made or WaA proofed at both Brno and Bystrica using their respective WaA inspection stamps. Full muzzle rings, bright handles and gray phosphate blades/MR and all the scabbards with the Brno type of inspection stamps. Circa 1941 the "A80" Bystrica blued no muzzle ring bayonets no muzzle rings or dates and Brno scabbards. 1942/43 the "dot" maker, dated no muzzle ring bayonets, and in 1943 a small number of full muzzle ring no Waffenamt blued bayonets under contract for Romania (a German co-belligerent). Best Regards, Fred

Default Thanks, A few additional questions. . .

Great information. Thanks, Andy B.. I appreciate the info that this bayonet was not an occupation weapon.

Is there any production information for these? Possible dates of manufacture? Is this rarer than the dot occupation bayonets?

I really like this bayonet and would like to learn as much as possible about it.

Thanks for any info anyone may have on this.

Quote by drill sergeant View Post
    Great information. Thanks, Andy B.. I appreciate the info that this bayonet was not an occupation weapon.

Is there any production information for these? Possible dates of manufacture? Is this rarer than the dot occupation bayonets?

I really like this bayonet and would like to learn as much as possible about it.

Thanks for any info anyone may have on this.
    I believe it was in March of 1939 that Slovakia was created, and in September of 1939 when Poland was invaded that Slovakian forces first participated alongside Germany as a co-belligerent. So while Slovakia as a political state might not have been occupied per se, I don’t think that there is an argument that the German Army and its weapons inspection teams were not in the Waffenwerke Brünn Werk Považská Bystrica (Slovakia) factory and were in control. With March of 1941 when the “d” block of letter codes was created, and Waffenwerke Brünn Werk Považská Bystrica assigned “dou”. With both the early “607” and later “A80” Waffenamts in use on rifles from Bystrica with the “607” disappearing in 1942. That said, I’ve also seen a few circa 1941 bayonets from there without Waffenamts that were identifiable because of the unusual swirl pattern of machining on the ricassos that seemed to have escaped the acceptance stamps for some reason. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast