Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

czech bayo pickup

Article about: here's my latest pickup a czech vz 58 bayonet (short tang) the date stamp is partly legible as i can definately see 19== ? it looks to be unissued due to the condition ,im unsure of the grip

Default czech bayo pickup

here's my latest pickup a czech vz 58 bayonet (short tang) the date stamp is partly legible as i can definately see 19== ? it looks to be unissued due to the condition ,im unsure of the grip composition but it reminds me of a bakalite type resin czech bayo pickupczech bayo pickupczech bayo pickupczech bayo pickupczech bayo pickupczech bayo pickupczech bayo pickupczech bayo pickupczech bayo pickupczech bayo pickup

Great bayo James, the grip is made from a compressed wood and phenolic resin mixture, it's the same stuff used on the VZ58 stock and pistol grip etc!...

thanks for the info paul ,now that is interesting

A bit like an up market chipboard mate!....

My example-polished blade and handle grips for parade use-long tang late model-the leather sheath is darker but some of it appears to be use related-these are very unusual bayos, with the all leather sheath type scabbard, very blunt blade and unique attachment method of sliding forwards up the barrel to engage the locking lug from behind.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture czech bayo pickup   czech bayo pickup  

czech bayo pickup  

very nice lithgow thanks for showing your longer example ,apart from the length differance it looks to be the same design ,my blade is also blunt ,i wonder if the leather darkens over time ,and thanks for the explanation on the locking lug ,it did cross my mind on the procedure to attach to the rifle, thanks james

?

The first one is a repair, with new grips and 3 rivets, the scabbard is probably a depot piece, stamped most likely 197x. The second one has a removed finish on blade. Looks like normal used proper scabbard.