Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Demag Crank Handle Ersatz Boyonet/Knife

Article about: by rbemer207 If i would like to clean the blade of my wwi butcher bayonet what should i use? Or should i even do it? Ryan I like your Bayo and would leave as is. Little Ren wax would'nt hurt

Default Re: Demag Crank Handle Ersatz Boyonet/Knife

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    If i would like to clean the blade of my wwi butcher bayonet what should i use? Or should i even do it?
    Ryan
    I like your Bayo and would leave as is.
    Little Ren wax would'nt hurt.
    My Cancer was of different order.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

What is this exactly?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    What is this exactly?
    Mo, it is exactly what the title says, a bayonet/knife.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    What is this exactly?
    It is a rarely encountered World War I Imperial German Aufpflanzbarer Grabendolch or Fixable Trench Knife - Bayonet, often referred to by collectors as the DEMAG.
    For Mauser M1898 From what I understand it is made exclusively by the firm of Werner & Mertz of Mainz and Viena. If that helps.

Eric

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    It is a rarely encountered World War I Imperial German Aufpflanzbarer Grabendolch or Fixable Trench Knife - Bayonet, often referred to by collectors as the DEMAG.
    For Mauser M1898 From what I understand it is made exclusively by the firm of Werner & Mertz of Mainz and Viena. If that helps.

Eric
    That's what I wanted to know, thanks!

Here is a nice Quote from Civil War Relics.......
    These private purchase combination knife bayonets were produced by Deutsche Maschinefabrik A-G of Duisburg, and the collector nickname originates from the circular DEMAG – DUISBURG makers mark on the ricasso. The combination knife bayonets have a unique “crank” shaped steel handle, which is instantly identifiable. The bayonet-knives were manufactured with 150mm long, double-edged, spear point blades and were 266mm in overall length. The crank handles were of steel, painted with olive green paint. A steel scabbard with a leather belt loop and hilt-retaining strap accompanied the knife bayonets. These ersatz bayonet knives were popular private purchase weapons for German infantrymen fighting in the trenches of the Western Front, as they provided a much handier and more useful multipurpose tool than that standard Mauser M-1898 bayonet.

Eric

Demag Crank Handle Ersatz Boyonet/Knife

Hi !

You´re showing us a "Grabendolch Modell 1916", 2nd pattern, manufactured by Deutsche Maschinenfabrik-AG, Duisburg (DEMAG)
    I also own two "Demag´s", 2nd pattern, but the maker marks are stamped upon the reverse side of the blade.

Some other threads regarding this blank weapon:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...r-ww2-73493-2/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...y-demag-64886/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...or-fake-26587/

BTW, I´d leave the condition of the blade as it was before because I prefer such weapons, showing some "Patina" and the "been there, done that" -look !

Best regards,

R.

P.S.:
    Always be alert !
    There´re many fakes outthere !

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    These private purchase combination knife bayonets ...
    The "Grabendolch Modell 1916", another term: "Aufpflanzbares Dolchmesser mit geschweiftem Griff", ("attachable dagger-knife with curved handle"), wasn´t a private purchased weapon !

marnriver
    ?

Hi All. I am a very new member, but the first thing I see is something very near my hart, crank handle bayonet/trench knife. I would like to make two very small points, can any one comment about the dots . apposed to * in the circle and also the scabbard lack of proud rivet securing the internal spring. Comments would be welcomed, I have one just the same as yours Eric.
    Chris. F.

One of the more informative posts on these. Thanks for the insights, everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast