Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Keller)

Article about: Hi to everyone, could you please tell me if it is a real ww1 Hugo Keller trench knife? I have doubts about Hugo keller insigna on the blade. Thank you.

?

Default Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Koller)

Hi to everyone,
    could you please tell me if it is a real ww1 Hugo Koller trench knife?
    I have doubts about Hugo koller insigna on the blade.
    Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Keller)   Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Keller)  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-16-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Greetings,

Hmmmnnnn, I see why you may have questions about this one. It has age, but is it artificial age? Logo’s markings do seem a tad too close to the back of the blade. Honestly, I’m unaware of a Hugo Köller reproduction (not saying one does not exist, just that I’m unaware of one). I actually would like to see better pictures of the scabbard’s snap and rear of the scabbard where it attaches to the leather. Most reproduction’s scabbards have a few tell-tale indicators and are easier to point out than the blades themselves (especially so, if they have been artificially “aged”).

That all said, if I had to make a decision on what I see in front of me, I believe the knife is period correct to WWI. However, the scabbard needs a closer review (I do not like what I see reference the scabbard, specifically, those parallel lines embossed into the leather’s edges) and when someone (shortly) posts an advertisement for a newly-made Hugo Köller reproduction, then I suppose I’ll be wrong about the knife’s originality;-) Wish I could be more definitive, I can only work with what I “see.”

Regards,

Lance

Here is my example to compare. It should also bear the acceptance stamp on the other side. I do not like the maker's mark on the one originally posted. The lettering, the bird, etc.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Keller)   Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Keller)  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by militariaone View Post
    Greetings,

Hmmmnnnn, I see why you may have questions about this one. It has age, but is it artificial age? Logo’s markings do seem a tad too close to the back of the blade. Honestly, I’m unaware of a Hugo Köller reproduction (not saying one does not exist, just that I’m unaware of one). I actually would like to see better pictures of the scabbard’s snap and rear of the scabbard where it attaches to the leather. Most reproduction’s scabbards have a few tell-tale indicators and are easier to point out than the blades themselves (especially so, if they have been artificially “aged”).

That all said, if I had to make a decision on what I see in front of me, I believe the knife is period correct to WWI. However, the scabbard needs a closer review (I do not like what I see reference the scabbard, specifically, those parallel lines embossed into the leather’s edges) and when someone (shortly) posts an advertisement for a newly-made Hugo Köller reproduction, then I suppose I’ll be wrong about the knife’s originality;-) Wish I could be more definitive, I can only work with what I “see.”

Regards,

Lance
    Thank you very much Lance.
    Unfortunately i don't have photos of the scabbard, I did only these three.
    However i remember that it was a star on the scabbard closing clip.
    I've tryed to study on internet about this particular knife , the insigna semms not too clear and too far from the meedle of the blade.
    I hope to find new photos.
    Thank you very much for help.

NIK

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Here is my example to compare. It should also bear the acceptance stamp on the other side. I do not like the maker's mark on the one originally posted. The lettering, the bird, etc.
    Ralph.
    As I thought the insigna is too different and not detailed as yours. Thank you for the photos, very nice knife!

I have taken the liberty of rotating your photo of the maker mark to make it easier to compare.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have taken the liberty of rotating your photo of the maker mark to make it easier to compare.
    Ralph.
    Perfect ralph, thank you .
    duobts remain

looking at the 2 knive's I would say your's is not period.

?

Thank to everyone. There is someone else that have photos?

?

Default Hugo Kroller WW1 trench knife

NIKRSM
    Your dagger is a 100% genuine Hugo Koller WW1 trench knife.

The problem with your dagger arises from the fact that someone may have attempted to make it a full double edged dagger as opposed to the 'edge and a 1/2' blade it is designed to be.

IMO someone has ground down the '1/2 edge' side that is meant to add support and strength to this beautiful knife thus altering its collectable status.

One less 100% genuine Hugo Koller WW1 trench knife in the world thus making one like mine more valuable ... honestly I would much rather it be the other way around.

The logo appears too close to the edge now because of the portion ground away to make the full edge IMO ... very sad .

Here is my Koller

Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Keller)   Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Keller)  

Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Keller)   Doubt about ww1 german trench knife (Hugo Keller)  

Last edited by spangy; 12-28-2022 at 05:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast