Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Finnish Valmet Bayonets

Article about: Here are two Valmet bayonets I have in my collection normally these are found with the maker Hackman or Fiskars on them but some are found unmarked

Fully it means: reserve non-commissioned officer's school.

It's Hämeen Jääkäri Pataljoona, (Häme's Jäger Battalion) and not brigade to my knowledge. I haven't heard of an infantry brigade being stationed there.

Finnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet Bayonets

Finally received my 1st one yesterday !
    It´s a heavilly carried one, but I like it !

Finnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet Bayonets

The slot reminds me to the Czech Vz.58. -bayonet.

BTW, together with the Valmet M62 there´re two more, pretty nice, blades in the parcel !

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    How come every Finnish blade looks like a fishing knife?.... i like it though!..
    Because it´s the, typical, (unique), PUUKKO -style ...

Yesterday I received my No. Four of this pattern knife -bayonet.
    All of them are manufactured by FISKARS.

Curious, when, (if ...), I´ll receive my first Hackmann ...

The measurements:
    blade lenght: 159 mm
    overall lenght: 265 mm
    thickness of the blade: 3,7 mm
    width of the blade: 23 mm
    Finnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet Bayonets
    Bayonets of Finland

The Finns were never all that big on bayonets as weapons-many were 'lost' by troops in the field during WW2 as being pretty redundant and encumbering for no real use-having a bayo that could double as a traditional utility/hunting knife made much more sense and continues to do so.
    Last edited by lithgow; 05-01-2022 at 10:33 PM. Reason: clarification

Default Hackman RK62 Bayonet

I have an interesting variant that was picked up in Bosnia back in the 1990s when Finland sent a contingent of soldiers to SFOR. It is a Hackman with a green reindeer leather sheath that is riveted on both sides, unlike any others I have seen, except for the ones being carried in Bosnia. I thought I would share it with the group.

Finnish Valmet Bayonets

Finnish Valmet Bayonets

- - ------- - -

Finnish Valmet Bayonets

Here with the Finnish camo jacket worn in Bosnia as well.
    Finnish Valmet Bayonets

Thumbs up

Looks like it would be very useful for a fisherman / outdoorsman / camper / survivalist

I would gladly buy one to use for camping or hiking / fishing trips , a nice general purpose knife.

Hallelujah!

After a long time I once again discovered a Finnish M1962 in an internet auction for a buy-it-now price of EUR 160...

It didn't go away at this asking price and I contacted the seller during the current auction with an offer of EUR 130,-- including shipping.

The seller waited for the end of the auction, nobody wanted to shell out the EUR 160.00, and so I was able to finally buy the Valmet M62 bayonet for EUR 130.00.

I know, it's very expensive, but I didn't have an M62 from the manufacturer HACKMAN until then!

The Bajo is almost brand new and only shows minor signs of storage.

Finnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet BayonetsFinnish Valmet Bayonets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast