Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German made bayonet

Article about: hello,can anyone tell me what i have here? i will post pictures of all the numbers and marks on it latter as my mother gave me a early christmas gift as her boy freind had this and he is pre

Default Re: dagge / bayonet

Pammy

the value of this bayonet lies in that it has the Argentinian crest or not on the other side of the ricasso .
    Many Argentinian bayonets have their crest removed (grinded) before being sold.
    The fact that you didn't know what bayonet it was (Republica Argentina was the giveaway) tells me that the crest is no longer there.
    The RA on the hilt means also Republica Argentina.

Jean

?

Default Re: German made bayonet

hi,it has all kind of markings all over it. could you tell me what or were it is your talking abought as i dont know what that word means?thank you so much and happy holidays..

Quote by pammy View Post
    hi,it has all kind of markings all over it. could you tell me what or were it is your talking abought as i dont know what that word means?thank you so much and happy holidays..
    There used to be a crest on the ricasso - the place where the writing is stamped - on almost
    every one of these bayonets the crest has been obliterated/ground off.......!
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: dagge / bayonet

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    goodwill? really! I don't think goodwill would have taken that, but the collection guy may have, like STEVE said glad you saved that one, nice blade.
    regards Marty
    Hi, Marty !

A few years ago, I was told by an employee of our local Salvation Army store
    that they recieved a donation of a shotgun. The donator thought the word
    'Army' literally meant they kept guns there.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Pammy

follow this link Sigges' Bajonette

Jean

?

Thanks guys,realy you would not belive the ww2 items that go to goodwill .my mother told me she gave her fathers uniform to them as she had no use and was cleaning,,but when i told her she gave away history then she thought abought it..i shop there a lot and iam always looking for u.s and german uniforms hanging up,as some older people way just donate it.iam going to post a few pictures of all numbers and marks on the bayonet and i thank you all very much for the help..! Happy holidays everyone,,...!

?

There is a (r) on the part you were talking abought and a (p) * on the otheer i tryed to capture it but it was not easy .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German made bayonet   German made bayonet  

German made bayonet  

Typical markings for this type of bayonet, Pammy !

Here are jackets/tunics I've found at thrift stores
    some years back..................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German made bayonet   German made bayonet  

German made bayonet  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Wow!! Thats what iam saying, they are being just droped off..thanks for sharing them..!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2