Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German WW1 Bayonet

Article about: Hello everyone, I encountered a WW1 German bayonet on sale with the inscription "Waffenfabrik Mauser A.G. Oberndorf AN" on the blade. It is in good condition and I am thinking abou

Default German WW1 Bayonet

Hello everyone, I encountered a WW1 German bayonet on sale with the inscription "Waffenfabrik Mauser A.G. Oberndorf AN" on the blade. It is in good condition and I am thinking about buying it because I really like it and have some other WW1 bayonets. I took pictures. It looks real to me. What can you tell me about this bayonet any details I should know about? What price is a bayonet in this condition worth?

Thanks for the help!

?

It's a s98/05 n/A without sawback. I'm no expert but it looks ok to me. These are getting hard to find in good condition. I'm not sure if it's the pictures but the patina on the cross guard and pommel looks a touch inconsistent. Value depends on where you live, I'd expect to pay $250-$300 in Australia.

I see these for sale in the US for around $100-$150...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

?

Looks like a nice s98/05nA, probably been cleaned, but most have. I agree with Glenn $100-$150 tops for a nothing special 2nd model "butcher". This would be a good one in that price range.

Jim