Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A good day for Kukris!

Article about: Visited a bootsale today and got chatting to a chap who had been in the Gurkhas for over 25 years. He was a captain in the Gurkha signals. He's served in Hong Kong, Bosnia, Falklands, Iraq a

Default A good day for Kukris!

Visited a bootsale today and got chatting to a chap who had been in the Gurkhas for over 25 years. He was a captain in the Gurkha signals. He's served in Hong Kong, Bosnia, Falklands, Iraq and Belize. I bought a few jackets off him and uniforms and then asked if he had anything else. We got invited to go round later which we did and he said he had two knives if we were interested. Of course, we had to say yes, and out he came with this box, in it were these five kukris. One has Order Nepal and a number on it, and the other ceremonial ones have no markings. My favorite, is the smaller one which he said was his combat one. It is a private purchase and he made the cover himself out of a spare piece of DPM.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A good day for Kukris!   A good day for Kukris!  

Default Re: A good day for Kukris!

instant collection.

?

Cool collection never seen one camo before

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Cool collection never seen one camo before
    This is the private purchase one which he made a cover to out of some spare DPM. If someone had shown me that id have assumed it was a bad one and walked away. But as it came from him himself and has the provinence with it i can see it.

Thank you for the comments

Excellent pick up! The Kukri has always been a fascinating and impressive knife with an amazing history to it! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Awesome Kukri's the only one I have is one that's made in India currently for the Gurkas and the quality isn't there.

Congratulations

I have liked the Kurkri sense seeing the old Tyrone Power
    movie "King of the Khyber Rifles" when I was just a kid.

I have a couple souvenir knives and a military piece stamped
    1914 and /i\.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-14-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Don't suppose you could post a couple of pics Chopperman? Particularly one of the military marked one.... ?

?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    This is the private purchase one which he made a cover to out of some spare DPM. If someone had shown me that id have assumed it was a bad one and walked away. But as it came from him himself and has the provinence with it i can see it.
    Here are a couple of pictures of kukris with the DPM cover attached to thier field kit.

I bought a couple from the British Embassy in Nepal, but I was never real convinced if they were really or I was a victim of a nice little sideline. Then customs tried to take them off me because of the length of the blade, and now I have no idea what happened to them.
    Steve.
    A good day for Kukris!

A good day for Kukris!

Nice pics. Thanks for showing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast