Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help

Article about: i hope this is the right place to ask about a Bayonet i was given one by a friend & it has a 5 digit Number engraved in it & the numbers are 34883 & on the blade it has a weird w

Aaron West
    ?

Default Help

i hope this is the right place to ask about a Bayonet i was given one by a friend & it has a 5 digit Number engraved in it & the numbers are 34883 & on the blade it has a weird writing on it with 44 under it here are some pics if someone could point me in the right direction please thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help   Help  

Help   Help  

Help   Help  

Help   Help  

Help  

Thats a post war Yugoslavian M48 (M24 type) bayonet. 44 is the manufacturers code for Kragujevac, Yugolslavia, and this type was used with the Yugoslavian model 1948 Mauser rifle. Welcome to the forum.

The writing is Serbian cyrillic. Martin Brayley writes in 'An Illustrated History of Bayonets' that it translates as 'Enterprise 44' meaning 'factory no.44.'

Aaron West
    ?

do you now if there is a value to it

I dont know the current market value but it is low. I expect its in the $30 region but that is a guess. I'm sure if you do some research online you will find others for sale.

Fits on this:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help  

?

Welcome to the forum Aaron, nice gift your friend gave you! I agree with everything that has been said and would add another little tid bit of information from Ralph at World Bayonets, "Factory 44 was the Zavodi Crvena Zastava (Red Flag Works) in Kragujevac, Serbia. The factory is still operating today and is known as Zastava Arms." They stopped making the model 48 in 1953.

Jim

I recognized it by the looks and 44 as Slav I had a K98K that was a Yugo rework. timothy