Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help Required

Article about: I have just purchased a British Patter 1876 Socket bayonet dated 12/84. The top locket & chape are both stamped with Broad Arrow (ov) WD (ov) Enfield inspection stamp, but it as a Capita

Exclamation Help Required

I have just purchased a British Patter 1876 Socket bayonet dated 12/84. The top locket & chape are both stamped with Broad Arrow (ov) WD (ov) Enfield inspection stamp, but it as a Capital C (ov) the broad arrow is this an early Canadian stamp as the later type have a arrow within the C. Help RequiredHelp Required

Cheers Alan

The only Canadian acceptance marks i can find are either a broad or small arrow within the C, the only other C mark i can think of is a conversion mark but that usually has the date (year) of conversion next to it. Sorry i can't be of any further help mate!..

?

I may be wrong, but I don't think the arrow inside a C became a standard Canadian ownership mark until the 1900's with the Ross bayonet. Earlier Canadian bayonets were sometimes only known by their make or Canadian unit markings or being marked like yours.

Jim

Cool

Quote by Alan UK View Post
    I have just purchased a British Patter 1876 Socket bayonet dated 12/84. The top locket & chape are both stamped with Broad Arrow (ov) WD (ov) Enfield inspection stamp, but it as a Capital C (ov) the broad arrow is this an early Canadian stamp as the later type have a arrow within the C. Help RequiredHelp Required

Cheers Alan
    Paul & Jim thank you for your input. Think it might be a hard one to resolve I have never come across this marking before in the 40+ yeard I have been collecting. If I do manager to find out I will let you know

Cheers Alan