Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help with these 2 bayonets.

Article about: I would like some input on these 2 bayonets. The first is marked Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co, Solingen. it is numbered 88813 in the crossguard and has a mark that looks like a badge with

Default Help with these 2 bayonets.

I would like some input on these 2 bayonets. The first is marked Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co, Solingen. it is numbered 88813 in the crossguard and has a mark that looks like a badge with a star in the middle. Also three circles touching. The pics are not great but you can see the marks. The second is marked W K & Co, Solingen. It has a B on the blade and a serial number, 6682, on the crossguard. Any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with these 2 bayonets.   Help with these 2 bayonets.  

Help with these 2 bayonets.   Help with these 2 bayonets.  

Help with these 2 bayonets.  

Hi there and welcome to the forum,

What you have there are a pair of German export bayonets. Both of which were exported to South America. The first is a 1895 Chilean Mauser bayonet. It has the Chilean crest on the ricasso. The second (the one with hooked cross guard or quillion and leather scabbard) is a model 1908 Brazilian Mauser bayonet.

Hope that's helpful to you.
    Pal

Thanks for the info. I have another one with a Crown with a X in the middle. It also has 4 other symbols, including a heart shaped mark. It has no other markinds or makers name. Any ideas.

Pictures, please.

Regards,

Lance