Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How'd I do with these recent finds?

Article about: Greetings all, Today I picked up these three pieces for what I believe was a good price. However I am curious to hear others opinions. How else is one to form an idea of value and avoid over

Default How'd I do with these recent finds?

Greetings all,

Today I picked up these three pieces for what I believe was a good price. However I am curious to hear others opinions. How else is one to form an idea of value and avoid overpaying in the future? Also, I know a little about them but would welcome opinions about value and rarity or any history anyone wishes to share.

First is the Rock Island Arsenal m1905 with scabbard. Nice condition with some loss of finish near the tip. Anyone know about which scabbard version this is? I know there were several. Is 1913 a rare year for RIA bayonets?

Second is what I believe is a m1862 Remington bayonet for the Zouve rifle. Pity the tip of the scabbard is missing.

Lastly is a Japanese arisaka that we threw in because I didn't yet have a Japanese frog or a Denki made bayonet yet.

I got the lot for $300 which is easily the most I have ever spent at one time on my hobby. Did i over pay? At the end of the day they are only worth what someone is willing to shell out for them and i am thrilled to add them to my collection. But I have a suspicion I did pretty well here.

Thanks for any advice,
    Pal

*have been trying to load pics for 30 minutes with no success. Will post pics tomorrow with a different computer and hopefully more success.

Default Re: How'd I do with these recent finds?

Finally got these 2 images to load more to come.... Hopefully.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How'd I do with these recent finds?   How'd I do with these recent finds?  

Another...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How'd I do with these recent finds?  

Seems to only like one pic at a time tonight no matter which computer I use?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How'd I do with these recent finds?  

There...That only took an hour and twenty minutes...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How'd I do with these recent finds?   How'd I do with these recent finds?  

How'd I do with these recent finds?   How'd I do with these recent finds?  

For only 300 dollars you did very well. The 1905 bayonet is at least worth 200 dollars. I can't help you with the second one though. And the Japaneese bayonet is worth about 150 dollars. Great finds!

Greetings pal,

You have the first patterned (Maxim Pattern) M1917 Bayonet's scabbard on your M1905 Bayonet. It is a nicer/rarer patterned scabbard for the US M1917 Bayonet. While they do fit the M1905s it’s the wrong type, but a nice “get” as when you get a M1917 you will have the rarer variant of the issued scabbards for it.

You did well with $300.00, a realistic US eBay price would be between $450-$575 for the group.

Regards,

Lance
    How'd I do with these recent finds?How'd I do with these recent finds?
    Last edited by MilitariaOne; 03-18-2013 at 09:11 PM.

you did well but their is no way that somebody would pay 150 for that jap bayonet mabye at best 80 to 100 dollars