Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Emergency Bayonet

Article about: Hi everyone. I like to show you this Italian Carcano 91 rifle emergency bayonet. These bayonets have been made only during WW1 to make more quick the production of bayonets, needed in great

Default Italian Emergency Bayonet

Hi everyone. I like to show you this Italian Carcano 91 rifle emergency bayonet. These bayonets have been made only during WW1 to make more quick the production of bayonets, needed in great number for the soldiers at front. This bayonet I show is a standard Carcano 91 bayonet but hilt and crossguard with muzzle ring are made in one unique piece in brass fusion. There were also same bayonets with brass hilt and crossguards, with standard Carcano bayonet blade, but hilt and muzzle ring modified to fit Italian Vetterli 1870/87 rifles. Both bayonets can have serial number or not. The bayonet I show, in fact, has no serial number or other mark, the scabbard is a usual Carcano 91 scabbard of WW1 period. Hope you like it:Italian Emergency BayonetItalian Emergency BayonetItalian Emergency BayonetItalian Emergency Bayonet

?

nice one,once i had a bayonet like that. Used in 1920-30s around Yugoslav Italian border .

Thanks Marcom, obviusly in that years every bayonet survived to ww1 was used, also during ww2, ww1 bayonets, rifles and pistols, and other equipments have been used by Italian Army together with the (quite poor) ww2 designed equipment...

?

i know,i have lot of italian military equipment from ww2,afther 1943 tones of that fall in hands of local people. but there are some good things,like field telephones

?

A very rare and hard to find bayonet in today's world! Thanks for sharing it.

Jim

?

Nice bayonet. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Very unique bayonet!!!
    Thanks for the pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil