Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Bayonet type?

Article about: I have a Japanese bayonet, but I'm unsure if it is a type 30 or type 99. The type 99 quillon is different than mine but the handle on the type 30 seems different. If anyone could help I'd ap

Default Japanese Bayonet type?

I have a Japanese bayonet, but I'm unsure if it is a type 30 or type 99. The type 99 quillon is different than mine but the handle on the type 30 seems different. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. The marking says c49007 on the butt end.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Bayonet type?   Japanese Bayonet type?  

Japanese Bayonet type?   Japanese Bayonet type?  

?

Default Re: Japanese Bayonet type?

Looks like a type 30 to me.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

It is a Type 30 but is unusual because for whatever reason the muzzlering has been cut off of it.

?

Is that a Jinsen arsenal stamp on it?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

the stamp on the bottom of the blade looks like a flower type thing, I remember seeing it somewhere and it indicated that it was made in Korea? Does anyone know how much these are worth?

Hello-has the bayonet been modified to fit another type of rifle? The Japs captured many different arms from the Chinese during the long period 1937-45 and more types were captured during 1941-42 from US, British and Dutch forces-also post WW2 Indonesia used modified Arisaka bayonets for other rifles. The removal of the muzzle ring seems to be an indication of this.

Japanese Type 30 with muzzel ring removed manufactured at the Jinsen Arsenal Korea..........BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...