Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

knife?

Article about: hi guys i have searched high and low after the origin type or even country of origin and cant find anything no info or anything what so ever one hint the valencia thing pointed me to a civil

Default knife?

knife?knife?knife? hi guys i have searched high and low after the origin type or even country of origin and cant find anything no info or anything what so ever one hint the valencia thing pointed me to a civilwar era item but im realy not sure about that so please guys im going mental over here trying to find any info regards DS

Looks like a spear tip!....

Never seen anything quite like that before but my guess would be that it is not a weapon at all , rather it is some kind of artisans hand tool, like an awl, punch or drift of some kind. Perhaps even a type of chisel or gouge. I can't make out the mark on it, can it be identified?

I can understand your frustration!!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

it says valencia vf and i searched for it and came up with an american knife maker but isnt valencia a city in italy or something?

Some form of tool, definitely not a weapon.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

ok got it at the same time i got a kriegsmarine nco breast eagle so no loss just a weird little thing that i got for free

Definitely not a knife. A gouge for scraping out horses hooves?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Definitely not a knife. A gouge for scraping out horses hooves?
    I thought of that also William. I googled Farrier's tools and saw nothing like this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by DS pzkpfwIII View Post
    isnt valencia a city in italy or something?
    Good one It's the third largest city in Spain

This is still an interesting item and I would love to know what it really is for. I'll keep my eyes open!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Sorry, duplicate!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast